Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 17-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Chee
Dragon

Default Rainbar positioning advise

Hi bros, found that my water flow is too big for my tank, now fishes are a bit better of than in washing machine.

Kindly advise which is the best position for me to place the rainbar, if possible can use the rain bar to kill the dead spot (where poo accumulates)?

Chee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
TuNA
Dragon

Do you mean water outlet ? I can't locate the rain bar in the pictures thou.
TuNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
wei_yuan86
Dragon

Bro Chee, elongate the water outlet pipe and attach a L-joint pipe at the bottom of the pipe towards the base of the tank. therefore the water current wil be kept to the bottom and help to push the poo away.
wei_yuan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wei_yuan86 View Post
Bro Chee, elongate the water outlet pipe and attach a L-joint pipe at the bottom of the pipe towards the base of the tank. therefore the water current wil be kept to the bottom and help to push the poo away.
But that would create a long pipe in your tank, not so nice to see but effective
Old 17-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
TuNA
Dragon

Alternatively you can move the air stone to the poo area.
TuNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
Chee
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuNA View Post
Do you mean water outlet ? I can't locate the rain bar in the pictures thou.
Hi bro haven buy rainbar yet, cos thinking wat shape to buy etc... need seek you all advise first.

Quote:
hi bro, so the rain bar lay to inside end or outside end of the tank?

if i will be keeping a some small hypan, is this still ok? as they will need to eat sinking pellets.
Old 17-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
wei_yuan86
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee View Post
hi bro, so the rain bar lay to inside end or outside end of the tank?

if i will be keeping a some small hypan, is this still ok? as they will need to eat sinking pellets.

I was thinking to extend the water outlet within the tank itself until it almost reaches the bottom and then use a L-joint PVC pipe to connect at the bottom to rest on the tank floor. Then point it to the direction of where the poo is to push away. Let the pipe hug the corner of the tank walls to minimize the "eye-sore"

Actually, i was under the impression that the hypans would appreciate some currents. haha i think at the end of the day, got to study how the current works and adjust. you can even point it towards the tank wall to minimize the current
wei_yuan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
Chee
Dragon

Quote:
I was thinking to extend the water outlet within the tank itself until it almost reaches the bottom and then use a L-joint PVC pipe to connect at the bottom to rest on the tank floor. Then point it to the direction of where the poo is to push away. Let the pipe hug the corner of the tank walls to minimize the "eye-sore"

Actually, i was under the impression that the hypans would appreciate some currents. haha i think at the end of the day, got to study how the current works and adjust. you can even point it towards the tank wall to minimize the current
Hi bro, thanks for the advise

you are right, i too believe hypan will appreciate the current. need to think of a way so pellet will not be suck into the under flow.