Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 09-02-2012, 11:47 PM   #41
ultrakiasu

Opae-ula only thrive in brackish water, but it will limit your options on aquatic plants, marimo algae ball would gradually turn brown.

Freshwater is tolerated, but the shrimps would be harder to breed.

From my experience, it would take about 1 year to get them settle down to witness any berrried female.

I don't advice using tap water dechlorinated or not, I had been topping up with bottled distilled water, or pail of rain water in heavy downpour.

Always keep in a bigger tank to keep tank temperature stable, a small tank would have a high temp difference between day and night.
ultrakiasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:38 AM   #42
hlee

i am also one of the ignorant buyer that purchased that self-sustaining wonder shrimps...

After reading, i still dont know what to do with it.. i totally have zero knowledge on this shrimp thing.. i began to love these shrimps and now i feel so bad that i encouraged cruel selling by purchasing them!

Bros out here, can teach me step by step hw to transfer them into a normal fishtank? or can i just go to an aquarium shop and ask them? Where is a trusted aquarium shop? Please help me out here, thanks in advance!
Old 11-02-2012, 02:43 AM   #43
eviltrain

You can try boss silane's method which he posted in this thread.

Send from my GT-P1000 (Overcome 7 Series v4.0.0)
Old 13-02-2012, 11:16 PM   #44
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlee View Post
i am also one of the ignorant buyer that purchased that self-sustaining wonder shrimps...

After reading, i still dont know what to do with it.. i totally have zero knowledge on this shrimp thing.. i began to love these shrimps and now i feel so bad that i encouraged cruel selling by purchasing them!

Bros out here, can teach me step by step hw to transfer them into a normal fishtank? or can i just go to an aquarium shop and ask them? Where is a trusted aquarium shop? Please help me out here, thanks in advance!
why not sure us what you have in picture first?
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #45
Borinz

Hi bros,

i have bought a bottle of the basic set from the shop also. after reading i would like to transfer them to a bigger space as i find the bottle too small for them as i intend to feed them.

As feeding them will increase the nitrate level, i would like to do water change for them in the bigger contanier i got which is like 3 times bigger...

I have do some research and found that they need brackish water. Now i need bros here to help me cfm if my steps are correct in making brackish water.

1) mix marine salt with dechlorinated tap water to a salanity of 1.008-1.010.

2) how long should i leave the water in the new contanier before i transfer the shrimps?

3) can i just add in those shells i got from beach? and where can i get those corals stick n seafan?

Hope bros here can help me as i really wan to give them a bigger space and able to change water for them.
Old 15-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #46
Navanod
Arofanatic

Hi again Borinz, hehe.

Was going to pm you about this thread as well but all your pm are not active yet. Looks like you found it on your own.

You need to learn how to measure salinity if you wanna make your own magic water
Navanod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #47
Borinz

Anyone knw if this shrimp can tolerate what level of pH?
Old 18-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #48
Borinz

Hmm I was going to transfer my shrimps to the new container.. But after putting in sand, shells, marimo ball.. Water turned bit cloudy.. Thought it might be dirty due to the marimo ball..

Waited till this morning and Still the same.. Can I just transfer the shrimps or must wait till water to be clear? And how do I do it?

Anyone here pls advise..
Old 20-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #49
slapper

I was at CRS haven today. Was browsing the ecospheres, and in fact quite intrigued by it. Being an inquisitive person, I asked several questions to the shop owner, who quite politely answered my queries. But his wife wasn't half as nice. She noticed I was carrying a bag of glass bottles from a local $2 shop, and quickly assumed I was there to steal their trade. She became more guarded with her responses, and gave me factually ridiculous replies when I began to asked her more about ecoshrimps.

Apart from this unfortunate encounter, the shop is a pleasant place to buy your shrimps, and I bought a few CRS from them.

The shopping experience at GC is still more enjoyable. Lady boss from CRS Haven should learn to be less judgemental and improve on her PR skills.
Old 20-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #50
avex30

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapper View Post
I was at CRS haven today. Was browsing the ecospheres, and in fact quite intrigued by it. Being an inquisitive person, I asked several questions to the shop owner, who quite politely answered my queries. But his wife wasn't half as nice. She noticed I was carrying a bag of glass bottles from a local $2 shop, and quickly assumed I was there to steal their trade. She became more guarded with her responses, and gave me factually ridiculous replies when I began to asked her more about ecoshrimps.

Apart from this unfortunate encounter, the shop is a pleasant place to buy your shrimps, and I bought a few CRS from them.

The shopping experience at GC is still more enjoyable. Lady boss from CRS Haven should learn to be less judgemental and improve on her PR skills.
Lady the biggest holder for the operation (the bank)
Uncle is the salesman of the shop
Mr C#$$% is the appointed director aka spokeman of the shop.

Of coz her change