Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 14-04-2011, 03:47 AM   #1
doraecell

Question My couple of pink convict cichlids....

It's been a year and by chance, I was given a pair of pink convicts, one female and one male. Here's my queries....

1) Googled that convicts can grow to 4"-5". My current tank is 20litres, 22.5 x 29 x 27.5cm. Is it advisable to migrate them to a bigger tank now ?

2) What kind of food is ideal for them ? currently feeding them TetraBits...

3) Should the food be soft (flakes) or granules good enough ?

4) Is my setup cramp ?? I tried to provide enough places for them to hide and wonder if I am overdoing it.....

Below is my current setup...

It's been a year and by chance, I was given a pair of pink convicts, one female and one male. Here's my queries....

1) Googled that convicts can grow to 4"-5". My current tank is 20litres, 22.5 x 29 x 27.5cm. Is it advisable to migrate them to a bigger tank now ?

2) What kind of food is ideal for them ? currently feeding them TetraBits...

3) Should the food be soft (flakes) or granules good enough ?

4) Is my setup cramp ?? I tried to provide enough places for them to hide and wonder if I am overdoing it.....

Below is my current setup...

flickr[dot]com/photos/lee84/5617113084/in/photostream

my fishes are picture-shy; timid when they see unfamiliar faces; terrorizing each other when no one bothers, and always hungry when they see me...
Old 14-04-2011, 03:49 AM   #2
doraecell

sorry couldn't insert proper link and picture as I am new with under 10 post count (forum's rule).....
Old 14-04-2011, 05:04 AM   #3
Superatata

hi bro doracell,

yes it is advisable to upgrade to a slightly bigger tank, i would say about a feet or so its also better for viewing pleasure you see

tetrabits are ok for them, actually they take any kind of pellets. my gf use to keep one pink convict.

actually they take any kind of pellets, just feed them normal ones it doesnt matter as long as its bite size for them

for a setup usually a simple one will include gravel(optional), some mini plants(can get plastic ones too), and get those small plastic/wooden houses or caves for them to play around in. a nice background would add to the viewing pleasure too

oh and you gotta consider if you want to put any tankmates in..because they are aggresive and i rmb one killed a cichlid in my gf's tank..chasing it all day long until the cichlid could not take it any longer..haha

cheers

Tags
cichlid, convict, pink