Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 17-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #11
Arofanic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilgan View Post
Some kois like shiro, platinum ogon, shushui, asagi etc does not need much sunlight as compared to kohakus, sanke, showa, yamabuki etc. Colour food will be a good substitute for sunlight but may have side effects like yellowish skin.

Not sure if the submersible Arcadia uv light for arrowana will work for kois too. Suppose to simulate as sunlight.
Bro.

I do think abit of uv lighting to bring out the colour plus good water condition and normal fish food without enhancer. If use colour enhancer is as good as giving medication to push up the colour. so to push up the colour, I must well use lighting. Please advise me if I am wrong.

Thanks.
Old 18-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #12
Wilgan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arofanic View Post
Bro.

I do think abit of uv lighting to bring out the colour plus good water condition and normal fish food without enhancer. If use colour enhancer is as good as giving medication to push up the colour. so to push up the colour, I must well use lighting. Please advise me if I am wrong.

Thanks.
Maybe you can mix a bit of colour food with those normal food. Won't be as serious as taking medicine. Maybe you can try the arcadia lights and let us know? But need to on 8 hrs a day.
Wilgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #13
Arofanic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilgan View Post
Maybe you can mix a bit of colour food with those normal food. Won't be as serious as taking medicine. Maybe you can try the arcadia lights and let us know? But need to on 8 hrs a day.
Bro. Wilgan

I am setting up my fgt now. Wait for two to three week then I will put in fishes. Just can't wait to get the koi in. My intention is to have lighting for 12 hours just like those pond in the open. But must monitor the temperature. Believed those koi kept in Japan is under 25 degree temperature with sunlight also. So I am going to stimulate it. I have try on aros which within six months gives me a strong colouration.

You may say I am nuts. But think about those koi kept in ponds. Are they under 12 hours of light.
Old 19-05-2011, 12:34 AM   #14
goldfish&koi
Dragon

Hi TS,

May I know what is the light u use for u red arowana?? As I may like to get to try on my koi also.. Do u have pic for the light if u dun mind do
Post the photo to share. Thank you
goldfish&koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #15
Wilgan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish&koi View Post
Hi TS,

May I know what is the light u use for u red arowana?? As I may like to get to try on my koi also.. Do u have pic for the light if u dun mind do
Post the photo to share. Thank you
Try this.
Wilgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #16
goldfish&koi
Dragon

Bro wilgan thank u will go get one next week to try out
goldfish&koi is offline   Reply With Quote