Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 01-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
mnhash
Arofanatic

redcross Qian Hu chili red with swimming abnormalities.

Hi bros,

Have a small issue with a Chili Red I acquired about 2 weeks ago. It has a swimming disability which comes and goes. My arowana swims at about 35 degree head down majority of the time.

Initially thought to be SBP. Transferred to hospital tank, lowered water level to about 3 inches, added Epsom salt to 0.01% concentration, temperature raised to 32 degrees, added Qian Long 5 (for intestinal infection), alternate days 30% WC. First 3 days in hospital tank, he shit a lot. Then I minimise feeding to once in 2 days. 2 weeks later still no improvement. Decided to transfer back into normal tank because apparently he doesn't seem "sick".

He's currently eating well, small frogs and occasional SW. And swimming actively. Water parameters no issue. Any sifu here can shed light on the issue at hand? Thought to be genetic, but his brother beside him seems fine.

http://youtu.be/LwLhIdG1E8I
mnhash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
shark
Dragon

look like SBP to me.. treating SBP is not just 1 or 2 week thing.. it might go as long as 1month to 2months.. depending on fishes and condition..

I suggest you treat it as wat you have done.. and stop feeding for first 1 week and see slowly monitor
shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #3
mnhash
Arofanatic

Thanks for you input bro. But my heart to strong enough to starve the arowana for a week leh. Haha. But since you mention that it'll take a month or two, I shall see what I can do.
mnhash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chili red, qian hu, red arowana