Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 10-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #31
nitingdedao
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
Well the 2 pairs I bought are residing in a 3 feet tank separated by a divider. I just let them be...

If those bros who want to let their discus try beefheart, I can give you some that I made myself. Anyway I usually buy 2 kg to match and mix so that's quite a lot for my few discus.

I can feed the beefheart that I am giving away to my discus first to demonstrate that the beefheart are fit for the discus. I will not be responsible for any misfortune or accident that happen to your discus after eating the beefheart.
Yup mixing own heart meal is good. You can fine tune according to your discus.

Hmm only thing is hahahaha tiring... I always process abt 3 kg each time..... the mixing is fun..... but the aftermath..... alot of washing...
nitingdedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #32
oochi_betta

Quote:
I can give you some beefheart I made myself last week. I stay in hougang avenue 1. If you are keen maybe can drop me a pm and can collect tonight.

Do note that feeding beefheart may cloud your water easily so frequent water change is a must.
Bro that's really v nice of u. I just got home and saw this message. Thanks for the generous gesture.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #33
oochi_betta

aiyo, my tetras, mollies and danios eat so fast, my poor discus and gourami have problems catching up.

I read there is a feeder to help?
Old 11-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #34
oochi_betta

Now my red map one is picking on my blue stripe one. lol. no end to trouble. I think that could be pecking order or maybe not enough of them.

I should get two more.

any bros out there have two nice ones to 'let go' with a cost of course.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #35
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Well the 2 pairs I bought are residing in a 3 feet tank separated by a divider. I just let them be..

If those bros who want to let their discus try beefheart, I can give you some that I made myself. Anyway I usually buy 2 kg to match and mix so that's quite a lot for my few discus.

I can feed the beefheart that I am giving away to my discus first to demonstrate that the beefheart are fit for the discus. I will not be responsible for any misfortune or accident that happen to your discus after eating the beefheart.
That's really great effort from you to give BH to bros who wanted to try feeding BH. Feeding BH requires more disciplines to change water daily but the rewards is satisfying, fishes grow faster and beef up more compared to FBW, dried food, etc....
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #36
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oochi_betta View Post
aiyo, my tetras, mollies and danios eat so fast, my poor discus and gourami have problems catching up.

I read there is a feeder to help?
Got to feed more or remove the culprits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oochi_betta View Post
Now my red map one is picking on my blue stripe one. lol. no end to trouble. I think that could be pecking order or maybe not enough of them.

I should get two more.

any bros out there have two nice ones to 'let go' with a cost of course.
Getting few more about same size will lessen the aggression.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #37
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitingdedao View Post
Yup mixing own heart meal is good. You can fine tune according to your discus.

Hmm only thing is hahahaha tiring... I always process abt 3 kg each time..... the mixing is fun..... but the aftermath..... alot of washing...
If you are taking about mixing only than is not so bad. Worst is got to make the beef heart from scratch, trimming the fats n veins from the heart n grinding it....
Old 11-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #38
condor
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
If you are taking about mixing only than is not so bad. Worst is got to make the beef heart from scratch, trimming the fats n veins from the heart n grinding it....
Is that the main reason why you quit discus?
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #39
oochi_betta

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Got to feed more or remove the culprits.

Getting few more about same size will lessen the aggression.
What I am doing now is to soak the tetrabits in the aquarium water. Once they settled I will just pour where the discus are waiting. Lol. I will try straws tonight to feed the naughty red map one.

Yes I would like to get two or 4 more same size ones. Looking out now. Anyone have can sound me out. I think I better change 30% twice a week. Lalalalala
Old 11-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #40
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Is that the main reason why you quit discus?
Hahaa, no la. Is the commitments I have now. Used to make 12kg of beefheart each time every month, tiring but satisfying with the results .

Tags
discus, sick