Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AF Organized Events

Old 10-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #291
phillife76
Senior Dragon

Well... i guess i am one of those that doesnt see miracle after 1 dosage.. will continue to use and see if better result can be observe after a month or 2. Thanks
phillife76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #292
Kheong
Banned

Not sure if it's the bioearth. Everything consistent, e.g. wc volume, approach, process, etc. But noticed that whenever i got unexplained pleco deaths, it's always after addition of bioearth. I usually stir to dissolve in container, then pour into tank.
Kheong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #293
llewellyn
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillife76 View Post
Well... i guess i am one of those that doesnt see miracle after 1 dosage.. will continue to use and see if better result can be observe after a month or 2. Thanks
me too, i am dosing it every wc ... thrice a week and sometimes out of the blue the next day water would be crystal clear but most of the time there's no visible differences ....
anyway i am doing it not so much for the water clarity but more for the nutrients (as what the label claims).
llewellyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #294
phillife76
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by llewellyn View Post
but more for the nutrients (as what the label claims).
I am not going for crystal clear water too as my water is pretty clear. I am hoping to see better appetite in my aro and of course better color!
phillife76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #295
kennedy
Arofanatic

i got a question on nature earth also . as nature earth come on powder form. i mix it in a bottle of 1.5l water , however some of the powder still can dissolve. after the cloudy water,the powder found in the bottom of my tanks. how to dissolve it totally. hope af bro could help on this issue. thanks
kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 04:40 AM   #296
Chiren

bio earth work for sss crs shimp?
Old 15-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #297
zyblack
Arofanatic

Bioearth is basically high grade "Montmorillonite Clay" which according to Wikipedia has confirmed and proven medicinal and protective properties.

I have been using it since a year ago and I still remember the first time I dose it in my tank when it was cloudy as mud water but became crystal clear the next day. Appetite shows improvement and I see notable color improvements on my electric blue cichlid.

I think certain Crystal Red Shrimp products which looks like a "mud rock" probably has the same properties as the Mont. clay. I am dosing it on my cherry shrimp tank and so far so good but of course cherries are supposedly hardier then the more expensive crystals reds.

And as a side note...I have mixed a scoop of the bioearth clay with water and drank it before think a year back...bowel movements seems better and I am still alive...so no worries about toxicity.
zyblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #298
locksley77

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyblack View Post
And as a side note...I have mixed a scoop of the bioearth clay with water and drank it before think a year back...bowel movements seems better and I am still alive...so no worries about toxicity.
Wow bro, I salute to you on this!!

Maybe I can get my OC to try as well for she is having constipation.

I have been using bioearth for my tank for 2 years already.

When I first started, it was Ben from Petmart who recommended for increase my aro's appetite.

It really works as I start to pump up my aro with bioearth's help and can feel that it is getting healthier after dosage.

Thus have been using it ever since.

I usually dose it right after WC and my aro seems to 'enjoy' the muddy water.