Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum

Old 22-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
bengred

Default glosso planting technique

i recently planted some glosso and realised its growing upwards instead of spreading all over .... heard it was my planting technique sigh think i have to do it all over. need some advice from bros out there how to cos i dun wan anything like that to happen again. does algea indicate wat we lack i mean wat type of algea is telling us something... jus curious cos each time i look at them they seem to be talking to me
Old 22-04-2007, 10:35 PM   #2
natquarium

Glosso grow upward due to lack of light.
Old 22-04-2007, 10:37 PM   #3
reversebungee

Quote:
Originally Posted by natquarium View Post
Glosso grow upward due to lack of light.
agree. glosso needs lights that is strong enuff to reach the btm of tank.
or else it will reach up to lights
Old 22-04-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
natquarium

Gloss grow upward due to lack of light.
Old 23-04-2007, 12:46 AM   #5
bengred

me using jebo 18w PL for a 1 feet cube. is that the problem?

so wat i shld do now is to cut the glosso to my ideal height and increase the lighting. i have another jebo 18w pl should i add it on? Scare wiill be too much and have algea out break.... my set up there is some moss on some wood which is quite close to the water fear it will be infested with algea. How bros can be more specific?
Help!
Old 23-04-2007, 12:51 AM   #6
luigi545
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengred View Post
me using jebo 18w PL for a 1 feet cube. is that the problem?

so wat i shld do now is to cut the glosso to my ideal height and increase the lighting. i have another jebo 18w pl should i add it on? Scare wiill be too much and have algea out break.... my set up there is some moss on some wood which is quite close to the water fear it will be infested with algea. How bros can be more specific?
Help!
Imo is cut to the base of the glosso which is growing upwards and they will start to creep instead of growing upwards provided your light is strong enough, due on personal experience and that is what was told when i asked the same question when i started out planted.

light enough / teach 'them' by cutting them when growing upwards and they will start to creep.
luigi545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2007, 12:55 AM   #7
bengred

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi545 View Post
Imo is cut to the base of the glosso which is growing upwards and they will start to creep instead of growing upwards provided your light is strong enough, due on personal experience and that is what was told when i asked the same question when i started out planted.

light enough / teach 'them' by cutting them when growing upwards and they will start to creep.

but bro is my lighting enuff?
Old 23-04-2007, 06:45 PM   #8
Sunfire

18 w is on the low side for a 1 ft cube I find according to the watts per gallon rule but it should be fine. Try trimming the glosso first rather than adding lights. Save money.
Old 23-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #9
Barra21

Increasing the light will be the first thing that comes to mind for us all.

But since you have an algae problem, i really dono if increasing the light will cause more algae to bloom. Do you supply co2?
Old 23-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #10
bengred

yes i do supply co2 roughly 1bps... fert is tropical 0.5 ml, seachem potassium 0.5ml, seachem nitrogen 1 drop, seachem phosphorus 1 drop. everyday other day. change 30 percant of water. light on for 10 hours 7 to 12 and 7 to 12.
seem to be suffering from green spot and black bread or black strand on rocks and hair grass?