Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 10-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #41
loveikan
Arofanatic

Boss? I thought many said a Butler
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 08:37 PM   #42
globalcookie
Dragon

Tan Cheng Bock takes issue over cancelled REACH forum
Posted 30 Sep 2016 13:48 Updated 30 Sep 2016 13:50

ENLARGECAPTION
388 Email More
SINGAPORE: Former presidential candidate Tan Cheng Bock has taken issue over the cancellation of a public forum on the Elected Presidency (EP).

The forum, which was set to be the first in a series of public REACH dialogues on the EP, was slated to take place on Thursday evening. It was, however, cancelled by REACH citing “poor response” from the public. Minister for Home Affairs and Law K Shanmugam, and Minister of State for Health and Communications and Information Chee Hong Tat, were due to take part in the forum.

“I was looking forward to attending a REACH public forum on the Presidential Election set for today,” said Dr Tan in a Facebook post. “Minister Shanmugam was due to speak and I wanted to hear what he had to say. I registered my attendance last week and was happy to receive a confirmation for my attendance. I was planning to attend with a few friends and family.”

Dr Tan added that the forum would have been a "great platform" for Singaporeans to seek clarification on the EP, and urged more Singaporeans to "actively participate in discussions on this and other important national issues".

Public comments later emerged on the post, suggesting that the forum had been cancelled as a result of his registration to attend the event.

In a Facebook post, REACH said that it had decided to cancel the forum on Sep 28 due to poor public response. REACH added in the post that it did not receive any registration under the name of Dr Tan Cheng Bock.

Taking to Facebook again, Dr Tan said that he had registered for the event under his alias Adrian Tan, posting a copy of the forum acceptance letter and his identity card.

He wrote: "I did register under my alias Adrian Tan which is in my NRIC, the registration also asked for my NRIC number, mobile, address, and occupation which I supplied. My acceptance letter is attached, as well as my alias in my NRIC."

Roti Prata please.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #43
hkh
Arofanatic

REACH is not reaching out to the Public at all.........
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:09 PM   #44
globalcookie
Dragon

Purpose is not to reach us but for us to reach an understanding that whatever they do is for our good. Just abolish election la. Put who there also can.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:47 PM   #45
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
REACH is not reaching out to the Public at all.........
shssssssssssss
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #46
AlvinLeong
Dragon

REACH ki lan.
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote