Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #12
Brichardi
Dragon

Not sure you referring to which lakes of African cichlid but I can only express my opinion for tanganyikans cichlids in the Singapore market.

Personally, my first 2 choices are ...
1. Get from hobbyists;
2. Pre-order from lfs to bring in whatever I want, whether its from Taiwan, Germany or Africa. NKS & JZX are the current leading 2 lfs that do take pre-order sometimes, order may depend on quantity though. Its like a lottery...sometimes you get very Tok Kong specimens, sometimes so-so. But on average, most are ok.

Then there are lfs that do bring in few varieties occasionally to sell in their shops, like Seaview, QianHu, NKS, JZX, CAS etc. Most of these lfs should have few varieties to chose from with reasonable pricing, except CAS...as their current stock that was leftovers from last year was ....like many bros have mentioned are ....way over-priced. 328 was never included in this list of lfs these couple years as they rarely bring in tangans nowadays except for once-in-a-blue-moon compressiceps or tangan catfish. Personally, NKS or nowadays JZX seem to have most tangans atm.

Pertaining to outlook of fishes, its one men meat is another men poison. Pertaining to prices, its easily comparable....WC fishes of variant n locality compare to WC of the same etc.

These are just my personal opinions. Hope it helps!
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote