Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 08-04-2003, 09:31 AM   #11
Hamad

It's so nice seeing a lot of people are also interested in this breed!

Oranda, I don't remember where I got all these pictures as I typed "demikin" in yahoo and started saving any pic I found. But like you said the top view are from Alvin Lim's site, some of the side view are from a Chinese farm site [forgot what it's called]. As for the rest they're randomly found pics, if you want pictures of Goldfish I can send you what I have which is a lot [but they're not my own pictures, all from the internet].

I have contacted Alvin Lim and got a very nice reply from him but he said he can't help me with purchasing butterflies as his extras are all reserved to friends around him. Although he gave me a few guidelines on keeping them so that was generous.

I also toally agree with you Goldfishfever, I find the Butterfly more beautiful than the Tosakin.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:43 PM   #12
goldfishfever

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamad
It's so nice seeing a lot of people are also interested in this breed!

Oranda, I don't remember where I got all these pictures as I typed "demikin" in yahoo and started saving any pic I found. But like you said the top view are from Alvin Lim's site, some of the side view are from a Chinese farm site [forgot what it's called]. As for the rest they're randomly found pics, if you want pictures of Goldfish I can send you what I have which is a lot [but they're not my own pictures, all from the internet].

I have contacted Alvin Lim and got a very nice reply from him but he said he can't help me with purchasing butterflies as his extras are all reserved to friends around him. Although he gave me a few guidelines on keeping them so that was generous.

I also toally agree with you Goldfishfever, I find the Butterfly more beautiful than the Tosakin.
What is your favour colour of the Butterfly Moor. In Singapore we have a lot of panda Butterfly Moor but most don't have the attractive butterfly shape tail.

I remember some times back, I attended a Buttefly Moor competition in one of the shopping centre. This was just like the Japanese ranchu competition, an all Butterfly competition and the fish were displayed in white bowls. The Butterfly Moors in the competition came in an assortment of colour. Then was when I get to know the fancinating Butterfly variety.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:49 PM   #13
Hamad

WOW you're lucky to have the chance to see show quality butterflies in real life! My favorite color gotta be white with little red markings. I also love the panda a lot.

How about you? And have you ever kept any or found some on sale? How much do they cost?
Old 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM   #14
happybuddha

Ever since bro ahmad posted the pics, I've been admiring them since. It's strange. The more I look at the pics, the more I like them. I have a gold butterfly moor but was fascinated by the big eyes only. Now I look at her tails. Goosh, really pretty especially when she swims. more so if I caught her diving for which the semi-top view is simply gorgeous. Then I noticed my big short-tail ryukin also have similar tails but due to their large body, the proportion isn't right.

I've always like ryukin the most but I'm begining to find demekin very beautiful now. If I can find a demekin with a perfect ryukin's body, I'll be the happiest man alive!

screw those damn ranchu. They are so difficult for me to understand and appreciate.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:01 PM   #15
goldfishfever

Quote:
Originally posted by happybuddha
[B
screw those damn ranchu. They are so difficult for me to understand and appreciate. [/B]
Hahaha, try harder.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:10 PM   #16
goldfishfever

Quote:
WOW you're lucky to have the chance to see show quality butterflies in real life! My favorite color gotta be white with little red markings. I also love the panda a lot.

How about you? And have you ever kept any or found some on sale? How much do they cost?
For less than S$10, you can get a Butterfly Moor of about 2.5 inch but one with good butterfly tail is hard to find. I have about 10 pieces with only one with a good tail and the rest so, so. I think the panda colour fetch a higher pricec but the black colour is very unstable and always fade. I have a friend who is one of Alvin's members and he has a quite a number of beautiful butterflies. I once tried to sweet talk him to sell me a couple but ever friend also not talk when come to Butterfly.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:23 PM   #17
Hamad

That's right I actually think they are the best top view goldfish with their swimming and flowing fins - so cute and yet so beautiful.

Whenever I have free time I'm always sitting admiring my black butterfly while it's swimming in the tub - it's such a cutie even though it's fins isn't as beautiful as those above [it's got the Ryukin body though!].

Your butterfly Happybuddha is also gorgeous - do you guys find many butterflies in fish stores in SG? We just rarely get black ones or otherwise I never cought any!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2rwdw22.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	31713  
Old 08-04-2003, 07:29 PM   #18
Hamad

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever
For less than S$10, you can get a Butterfly Moor of about 2.5 inch but one with good butterfly tail is hard to find. I have about 10 pieces with only one with a good tail and the rest so, so. I think the panda colour fetch a higher pricec but the black colour is very unstable and always fade. I have a friend who is one of Alvin's members and he has a quite a number of beautiful butterflies. I once tried to sweet talk him to sell me a couple but ever friend also not talk when come to Butterfly.
Do you think you can ever take pictures of yours?? Also how many fish do you have in general? You got me curious LOL
Old 08-04-2003, 07:38 PM   #19
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever
Hahaha, try harder.
I've been trying to appreicate side-view ranchu. Although I seem to know, in theory, how a beautiful ranchu should look like, I still cannot appreciate them. I actually find wen kinda... ugly the bigger they are. The fat round dorsal-less body is also weird to me. Ryukin's short muscular body is much more appealing to me. I even dare say I know how to pick a good small ryukin and can judge their potential when they're small. I can't say that at all for a ranchu. Sigh. Slowly I'm giving up ranchu and just enjoy Ryukin instead. No point following the trend or what the masses like when I really don't understand ranchu.

Many people do like other type of GF instead of ranchu. I hope they will share their joy here too.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:44 PM   #20
happybuddha

Quote:
Your butterfly Happybuddha is also gorgeous - do you guys find many butterflies in fish stores in SG? We just rarely get black ones or otherwise I never cought any!
Thanks for the complement. My demekin has a very rounded tummy but in my opinion the body is too long if she wants to look like a ryukin. Otherwise she looks ok and very healthy. The strange thing is lately she's very very aggressive. She has been chasing and nipping at other GF including the jumbo ryukin. I thot she was just being playful, but last evening I found her nipping at the tails of my smaller ryukin. I've since isolated her in a small tank. I'll put her back to the main tank when she behaves like she used to!

I don't know why she's behaving like that now. In my mind, she's probably in heat or something. Cool it, or else...