Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 29-08-2016, 03:02 PM   #11
mictok
Dragon

I think Piranhas as a school are aggressive, lone ranger most aggressive is hoplias amiara.
mictok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2016, 04:06 PM   #12
LauLanChu
Dragon

I defined aggressiveness with a test of those will readily attack your finger/hand any time you submerge your hand into water. LH, giant gourami, Oscar are in the list. Especially for LH, virtually cannot have tank mate and got to live in solitary.
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 02:02 AM   #13
leezhengxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauLanChu View Post
I defined aggressiveness with a test of those will readily attack your finger/hand any time you submerge your hand into water. LH, giant gourami, Oscar are in the list. Especially for LH, virtually cannot have tank mate and got to live in solitary.
That's where you might be wrong.. I have kept LHs in comms before..

Even in solitary, it can be commed with common plecos, no issues.

I always believe a fish's aggressiveness is very subjective.. It depends on the fish's personality, and also how it is being "brought up" since it was young..

花有重开日,人无再少年
leezhengxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 01:03 PM   #14
LauLanChu
Dragon

LH can be comm with big number of fishes and those of size bigger or tougher. As of LH comm alone with sucker fish depend on personality and also gender. Female still got chance, male almost zero chance, even you provide hiding place, the pleco cannot live very long as will constantly get attack. Agree personality counts too and also how it is brought up. Fish grow up in solitary tends to be more aggressive.
Old 30-08-2016, 01:36 PM   #15
harrysoo
Dragon

I too comm my kamfa with other fishes of mix sizes, so far seems quite okay, didnt disturb each other. I do hv a gatf and a mala in the same tank. their teeths sometimes worries me too especially doing wc time
harrysoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 03:27 PM   #16
LauLanChu
Dragon

Those toothy fish like ATF, pike, gar, aro will not attack your hand usually unless they mistook your hand as food. Infact some like ATF is very nervy, darting around upon disturb. Those fish I mentioned especially of huge cichlid family always cause problem when cleaning tank walls as they will attack your hand and you got to net it aside to do maintenance. I wonder how you folks avoid this, as I already got bitten a few times, can even do the extreme of darting out the water surface to snipe your finger.
Old 31-08-2016, 12:34 PM   #17
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauLanChu View Post
Esp the blardy oscars.
I have 2 good sized ones.
Bullies the hell out of ANY fish tat comes in.

Including a much bigger super senior Giant Gourami (just left due to old age-think close to 30 yr old), a Gar, a Stingray, the silver aro tat was dumped in and each other.

I've been toying with the idea to throw them into the sump as punishment
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #18
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
Esp the blardy oscars.
I have 2 good sized ones.
Bullies the hell out of ANY fish tat comes in.

Including a much bigger super senior Giant Gourami (just left due to old age-think close to 30 yr old), a Gar, a Stingray, the silver aro tat was dumped in and each other.

I've been toying with the idea to throw them into the sump as punishment

That is why i prefer those fishes not so aggressive de . My 5 ft tank consist of 7 pcs of 5" of Parrot fishes , 1 pcs of 7 " Hampala Macrolepidota & 3 pcs of 4" Super Red Monkey. All live peacefully together as long u feed them well.
7576 is offline   Reply With Quote