Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 02-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #1
klim

Default Help - Placement of Corals

Hi Bro/Sis,

Attached the setup of my tank with corals....may I know whether is the placement correct?

I have 2x150MH Light and 4x27w PL light....9" above the water surface.

Not sure whether the coral placement will provide sufficient lighting for the coral?

Please advice and comments....the more the merrier.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:59 PM   #2
klim

Does the Lobo open at all? I always see its tenticles comes out only after ligts off for 2-3hrs than it will closed back and till the next day when lights off...is this common? So how to feed this coral?
Old 02-08-2005, 07:00 PM   #3
klim

Moon is another coral that no movement, don't know dead or alive

dun think much current over the placement area.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:02 PM   #4
klim

Quote:
Originally Posted by klim
Hi Bro/Sis,

Attached the setup of my tank with corals....may I know whether is the placement correct?

Not sure whether the coral placement will provide sufficient lighting for the coral?

Will attached picture...
Old 02-08-2005, 11:06 PM   #5
klim

Quote:
Originally Posted by klim
Hi Bro/Sis,

http://www.arofanatics.com/members/k...ls/image03.jpg
Old 04-08-2005, 12:24 AM   #6
iantoh

hi there klim, i think your coral placements are fine at the moment. thing is, corals vary for every specimen. your gonio for example, may be found in very low flow areas as well as high flow areas so youll need to try it out and see if it extends its tentacles fully where you choose to place it. but i think generally its looking fine. the zooanthids and leathers and mushrooms, consdering that youre running 2x150w mh, should get ample light even on the sand bed so i think for now, should be no worries. observe them i guess.

cheers,
ian

ps: its more important to ensure your water paramets such as ph, kh, and ca, and also nitrates are stable and not causing problems as your tank looks newly set up, and the parameters flux alot during this period and that could stress your corals.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:02 PM   #7
klim

Quote:
Originally Posted by iantoh
hi there klim, i think your coral placements are fine at the moment. thing is, corals vary for every specimen. your gonio for example, may be found in very low flow areas as well as high flow areas so youll need to try it out and see if it extends its tentacles fully where you choose to place it. but i think generally its looking fine. the zooanthids and leathers and mushrooms, consdering that youre running 2x150w mh, should get ample light even on the sand bed so i think for now, should be no worries. observe them i guess.

cheers,
ian

ps: its more important to ensure your water paramets such as ph, kh, and ca, and also nitrates are stable and not causing problems as your tank looks newly set up, and the parameters flux alot during this period and that could stress your corals.

Thanks, will check on the parameters.