Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography > Aquatic Photography

Old 17-05-2002, 05:47 AM   #1
Alfredo

Unhappy Photo with Video Cam

I have one Video cam ,this cam Can take digital Photos but the quality are poor. can I take better photos with this cam?
I donīt know with Flash, light,
Any suggest?
Of course I Can not Buy another One
Thanks
Old 17-05-2002, 09:31 AM   #2
CDM

What's the resolution of the CCD of your D8 or DV? Older D8 or DV came with 0.68M pixels, it's enough for TV, but not enough for still photo on monitor (>1M pixels should be better). Maybe you can record video, and extract pics on your PC. (I'm not familiar with how it works, but I heard it's doable.)
Old 17-05-2002, 09:35 AM   #3
blackwater

This was taken with a Canon DVcam.

My opinion is unless your DV cam allows you to adjust resolution when taking pics, DVcams are not very good for taking close-ups.

But taking photos with DVcams are MUCH easier than still cameras.
Old 17-05-2002, 09:39 AM   #4
Koji™
Account Disabled

Hi,

I'm using a view cam too to capture images. I agree with the picture resolution, not that good at all especially the close up. And mine is a DV.
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2002, 11:01 AM   #5
CDM

I think newer model of D8 or DV come with 1.55M pixels maybe better. But, those're too expensive.
Old 17-05-2002, 11:05 AM   #6
Alfredo

Default Bad Photos

Quote:
Originally posted by CDM
What's the resolution of the CCD of your D8 or DV? Older D8 or DV came with 0.68M pixels, it's enough for TV, but not enough for still photo on monitor (>1M pixels should be better). Maybe you can record video, and extract pics on your PC. (I'm not familiar with how it works, but I heard it's doable.)
I have both D8 and DV But I can see the poor quality of picture of both in the stick I canīt see the quality on Tape becase I donīt Have Tape I buying one Tomorrow But I could try your Idea.
Old 17-05-2002, 11:15 AM   #7
Alfredo

Default You will see

Quote:
Originally posted by blackwater
This was taken with a Canon DVcam.

My opinion is unless your DV cam allows you to adjust resolution when taking pics, DVcams are not very good for taking close-ups.

But taking photos with DVcams are MUCH easier than still cameras.
I Will take some photos with my DV and post Tomorrow I hope. You will the judge of the poor Quality but by now I Canīt buy a better Camera, maybe in a mounth so for the moment you excuse me by the quality of my First Gallery.
Thanks Water
Old 17-05-2002, 11:21 AM   #8
Alfredo

Quote:
Originally posted by Koji
Hi,

I'm using a view cam too to capture images. I agree with the picture resolution, not that good at all especially the close up. And mine is a DV.
Thanks I have this Fact in mind I donīt see close up yet but I will take some shots near