Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 13-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #151
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
Here are some statistics.

CO2: 1 bubble per second
Seachem Stability: 1ml
Seachem Potassium: 1.5ml
Seachem Iron: 0.5ml
Seachem Trace: 0.5ml

First water change on Day 5.
Bro, Thanks for showing and explaining your setup. Can know what sand and filter you are using? I cannot find any filter pipes or filters in your tank pix.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #152
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Bro, Thanks for showing and explaining your setup. Can know what sand and filter you are using? I cannot find any filter pipes or filters in your tank pix.
He is using ADA's lily pipes, those glass inlet/outlet tubes. Filter should be a 2211.

Edit: in post #128 on the right side of the tank pic, you can see the vague outline of the inlet tube.

Last edited by Jon-san; 13-08-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #153
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
Man! My patience isn't that long. I'm trying my best to hold out for as long as possible to get the best deals on my equipment and slowly do things properly. I still need to buy a CO2 cylinder plus all the accessories. I'm afraid i'll need a solenoid as i'm in camp 5 days a week and can't manually turn it off once the photo period ends. But yes, the hardscape is the most important aspect for me. It'll be months before any Dwarf Corys go in..
No matter what, you will need a solenoid as that will ensure constant and stable CO2 injection at the same time everyday. I've tried saving on a solenoid and manually switch on CO2 everyday, algae came quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskhonda View Post
i always enjoyed reading ur thread..v informative.
Thanks bro! Hope to see you here more often. Looking forward to your comments and feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
He is using ADA's lily pipes, those glass inlet/outlet tubes. Filter should be a 2211.

Edit: in post #128 on the right side of the tank pic, you can see the vague outline of the inlet tube.
Thanks bro Jon-san.

Yes, I'm using ADA Mini Lily Pipes. Here are where you can find their details:
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...=492413&page=9

And here are the details for the Eheim 2211:
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...=492413&page=4
Old 13-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #154
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Yes, I'm using ADA Mini Lily Pipes. Here are where you can find their details:
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...=492413&page=9
Rich man toys!
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 02:05 AM   #155
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Rich man toys!
Bro, not really true lah.. They are not that expensive and well worth it for their looks and function.
Old 14-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #156
darter
Arofanatic

Quote:
Thanks bro! Looking forward to more of your feedback and comments.
How is your aquascape coming alone?
Good Good, haven got the time to settle down for a new scape.
darter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #157
Sunday
Dragon

Any updates on plant growth Isaac? I finally picked up my "60-P"! Now i can't decide whether i want to go for full sand or use ADA's Amazonia and try more planting than just moss on wood..
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #158
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Any updates on plant growth Isaac? I finally picked up my "60-P"! Now i can't decide whether i want to go for full sand or use ADA's Amazonia and try more planting than just moss on wood..
It's been growing well. I will post a FTS soon.

What kind of scape do you want to do?
Old 20-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #159
Sunday
Dragon

I want moss on wood but I can't decide if I should take the plunge and try planting some foreground plants such as Japanese Hairgrass and possibly even HC. Those would need aqua soil for optimum growth.

Actually I've been slightly poisoned by the idea of turning the tank into a planted haven for a breeding colony of L46s. That would probably mean doing away with the chiller and good growth for the mosses. Goodness I'm so fickle-minded! Haha.
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #160
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
I want moss on wood but I can't decide if I should take the plunge and try planting some foreground plants such as Japanese Hairgrass and possibly even HC. Those would need aqua soil for optimum growth.

Actually I've been slightly poisoned by the idea of turning the tank into a planted haven for a breeding colony of L46s. That would probably mean doing away with the chiller and good growth for the mosses. Goodness I'm so fickle-minded! Haha.
I would go for HG if I had a 60cm tank. It would be more impactful alongside moss. Also, it is easier to grow and that is always welcomed.

How will CO2 affect your L46s? From my experience, aquascaping and the breeding of fishes hardly work well together. Being unable to completely focus in one direction at the risk to disregard the other often produces unsatisfactory results.

You're not being fickle-minded bro, you are just dreaming of what you can do!. Haha.