Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 29-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #41
Ong88

Prof SK Ong

Default Do you buy singaporean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMind View Post
No, I will not never exploit my workers just to make profit and if I make money from Singapore, I will make sure Singaporeans get the job even if it increases my operating costs. It is the right thing to do. One should make profit and yet be socially responsible.
Let's not talk about HR policy, better examine our daily practices.
Most go for cheaper foreign supplier, little thinking of the butterfly effect it has in the economy of this sinking ship called SG.

Our purchases :
Bread : local or Malaysian factory?
Fish tank made to order : do you bother to find out which company is Singapore fabricated?
Aros : Singapore farm or Bolehland cert?
Car service & wash, jb or Singapore?

As for hiring policy, i only want locals.
But in some areas/job scopes we have no choice but hire FT, no local wants the job.

Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time.
Use imgur for your photos sharing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.imgur.mobile

Last edited by Ong88; 29-06-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Ong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:55 AM   #42
zjy

i believe there wont be job singaporean wont want to do if they pay accordingly,just an excuse from those employer trying to cut cost for more profit,yrs past people are smarter,old timer had been use by those employer before,who wanna stupid and work so hard for them again and earn peanut?rich country with same level with us are paying their cleaner more then 3k per mth,no need 3k,if we pay our cleaner 2k,u see no people work?the Q can reach until jurong.what wrong with cleaner earning more money?gov always just pls and listen to employer,what to do.no boss no job created,now short of manpower in the market,cannot afford to do business and pay well to your worker,dont do business,go work as an employee and feel the taste.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #43
zjy

try recall back the incident which our TC can save million of million of dollar and lose in the share,not willing to pay our singaporean but willing to lose million,why so greed and let this happen?how much is enough to be in the fund of our TC?trillion?
Old 01-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #44
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjy View Post
i believe there wont be job singaporean wont want to do if they pay accordingly

...rich country with same level with us are paying their cleaner more then 3k per mth,no need 3k,if we pay our cleaner 2k,u see no people work?the Q can reach until jurong..
what is called pay accordingly? What amt is accordingly? It is easy to say pay accordingly, but where is e money coming from?

You said pay cleaner $2k and e queue will stretch to jurong. From where to jurong? Ask anyone employing, whatever e job was...how many Singaporeans applied, when offered e package, what was their response?
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:29 AM   #45
BubbleBubble
Senior Dragon

Ha... GC... if tat's the case... 2 K to julong... good wat. Ha...
BubbleBubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:33 AM   #46
zjy

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
what is called pay accordingly? What amt is accordingly? It is easy to say pay accordingly, but where is e money coming from?

You said pay cleaner $2k and e queue will stretch to jurong. From where to jurong? Ask anyone employing, whatever e job was...how many Singaporeans applied, when offered e package, what was their response?
i know u will ask this question.
bro small amount in btw 40-120 for a unit to pay tc mthly will see nothing to us,but if u add all together,the amount will scare u.

just like just a TV point at hm,we need to pay 10 each mth last time.
per annual of all 1 million unit plus private,plus othe income,how much u count.

1million unit x avg 60 per mth = $60 million per mth = $600 million per aunnal.

u will say they hv to use money to pay worker and do some maintance work,i agree, u stay hdb,no need i explain,how much they spent to paint your blk every 8yr and how much to maintance a blk each mth.u are smarter then me i believe,so u will figure out by looking what they did to your flat once in a bluemoon.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #47
zjy

sorry i miss out something,hg is one of the cheapest maintance u hv to pay each mth,they still can use the tc fund to bulid this bulid that.
so u image how much a fund in a tc can hv for in so many many yrs.

so gov has so many income,if gov are not rich,dog can go eat shit.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:43 AM   #48
globalcookie
Dragon

Since u cited our hub cleaners and our conservancy.... Perhaps we can question e wonderful gov how was e cleaning contractor chosen... I dare say, lowest tenderer.

If you are a contractor and u tendered e highest, so u can employ Singaporeans and pay each cleaner $2k, I bet w my last dollar u will lose e tender. The gov dun give a shit. Agree?

So, e only way out, so we Singaporeans will become e priority again, is vote out e current gov.

But let's be honest, Singaporean workers vs foreigners, Singapore worker tends to be choosy, demanding, and not as hardworking.

So we can't blame employers... If u are in e shoes of being an employer, u will know what I mean.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #49
zjy

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Since u cited our hub cleaners and our conservancy.... Perhaps we can question e wonderful gov how was e cleaning contractor chosen... I dare say, lowest tenderer.

If you are a contractor and u tendered e highest, so u can employ Singaporeans and pay each cleaner $2k, I bet w my last dollar u will lose e tender. The gov dun give a shit. Agree?

So, e only way out, so we Singaporeans will become e priority again, is vote out e current gov.

But let's be honest, Singaporean workers vs foreigners, Singapore worker tends to be choosy, demanding, and not as hardworking.

So we can't blame employers... If u are in e shoes of being an employer, u will know what I mean.
i agree with u,but who is the one who created this to happen,not me not u not the employer,"THE GOV" top do bottom follow,no one to blame.
who is the one who complain employee choosy,"THE EMPLOYER".how many of them are telling the true?
every time i hear those employer saying i willing to pay gd pay but they will never list out how much they pay.
why not u say people are now smarter,let them make use for so many yrs.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:59 AM   #50
globalcookie
Dragon

The discussions will be endless. Let some employers and HR personnel come and share their experiences.