Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 17-08-2014, 03:46 AM   #1
rednude

Default Goldfish Feeders

Just wondering. I just got a tank, did up the media, filtration system. Put in new water and water from my other tank (20%), put the quick start bacteria, and yellow water, and lastly salt.

Then I dump my goldfish feeders into the tank to try it out. Less than an hr, afew goldfishes have started to die already....

Why is this happening?

Then my baby gar which was in another tank when put into the new tank, apparently at first it swim alot around the tank, now it is getting used to the new tank.

This is so weird.
Old 17-08-2014, 04:14 AM   #2
Razor Wei
Arofanatic

Generally gold fish feeders are kept in very bad conditions and are most often unable to survive for more than a few days or not even a day so it is typical thing for them to die fast but just my opinion
Razor Wei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #3
rednude

Ok now my gar nearly died too. I seriously don't know what is happening. my set up for the canister is correct.
Instead my other goldfish feeders where I store them in another container seem to be doing well, and I have put my gar there to recover
Old 17-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
harrysoo
Dragon

Imho, your new tank is still not properly cycled. Btw, wats the yellow water u hv put into the tank?
harrysoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #5
yuenkk
Arofanatic

did u put anti chlorine?
yuenkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
yoAro
Dragon

U did all mentioned in just 1 day and add in the feeder goldfish?
yoAro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #7
rednude

Yeah put any chlorine, yellow water is the aro one.. at times I will put abit of yellow water in my other tank where I keep a number of fishes, aro etc.
My fishes are growing big so I decided to get a new tank and start putting fishes in. Apparently it is not working. now my gar is back into the old tank with the other fishes and swimming lively.
Old 17-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #8
rednude

Yes yoAro. feeder goldfishes and gar.
I think I shall just let my new tank water keep running constantly for a few days. And my anti chlorine is blue in color.
Do you all have any recommendations of anti chlorine that is colorless and good? I think I nearly pour like 1/5 of the bottle of anti-chlorine from a 3.5L bottle
Old 17-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #9
rednude

Its a new tank btw. I wash the tank with water and cloth, like wipe clean it with wet cloth both inside and outside and then dry it using another clean dry cloth. Didnt soak and fill the tank with water. will it still affect the parameters of the tank?
Old 17-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #10
rednude

Just curious... caused when I got my first second hand tank, it was really dirty. And all I did was just use a wet cloth and clean the tank inside, then dry it up, just like my second tank.