Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-01-2018, 05:13 PM   #11
vincent2982
Dragon
 
vincent2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro77 View Post
I heard Marine pure have a special one for OHF boxes..
Ya. But i so far hvt saw the shape.. MOstly the big sq pcs
vincent2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 05:19 PM   #12
vincent2982
Dragon
 
vincent2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZQ View Post
Good question. I don't know. If is like matrix, should be neutral. I saw is suitable for alkaline plants. Maybe will go up.
I think u r rite, will go up. What about ANS? better or on par with biohome?
vincent2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 05:36 PM   #13
CZQ
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent2982 View Post
I think u r rite, will go up. What about ANS? better or on par with biohome?
I not sure will go up anot. Need to test. I don't know about ans. I always look at the surface area first then price. The marine pure for ohf is a plate shape at around quarter of the block. I heard it is harder than the block but the price does not justify the surface area as compare to the block. Others said the cube is brittle. Can try the spheres. Heard is harder.
CZQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:36 PM   #14
yoAro
Dragon
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,458
Default

Anyone tried Powerhouse Monoball? Heard it has larger space for BB colonization than Eheim substrat pro, and will not disintegrate.
yoAro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:39 AM   #15
CZQ
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoAro View Post
Anyone tried Powerhouse Monoball? Heard it has larger space for BB colonization than Eheim substrat pro, and will not disintegrate.
from japan? previously i read about it and the surface area is not 1 of the best.
CZQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #16
yoAro
Dragon
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZQ View Post
from japan? previously i read about it and the surface area is not 1 of the best.
Yes bro, from Japan. Was looking for a more lasting media and found this in the web. Personally I tried biohome gray for my cannister, about 3 to 4 years it will start to disintegrate. I heard biohome plus will not disintegrate, but now looks like its a matter of time. Same goes to eheim substrat pro.
yoAro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:48 AM   #17
CZQ
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoAro View Post
Yes bro, from Japan. Was looking for a more lasting media and found this in the web. Personally I tried biohome gray for my cannister, about 3 to 4 years it will start to disintegrate. I heard biohome plus will not disintegrate, but now looks like its a matter of time. Same goes to eheim substrat pro.
Ic. Can try matrix or pumice stone from plant nursery. Read that it works better in canister. I feel canister is more pressurize than other filter hence the media will wear faster. I don't use canister and my bio home plus is fine after few years of usage.
CZQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:52 AM   #18
yoAro
Dragon
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZQ View Post
Ic. Can try matrix or pumice stone from plant nursery. Read that it works better in canister. I feel canister is more pressurize than other filter hence the media will wear faster. I don't use canister and my bio home plus is fine after few years of usage.
Ya i saw your thread on pumice stone, is it easily available in our local nursery? Seachem matrix is really a rip off.
yoAro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:05 AM   #19
CZQ
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoAro View Post
Ya i saw your thread on pumice stone, is it easily available in our local nursery? Seachem matrix is really a rip off.
I saw at Hua Hng. Maybe matrix is tested and safe to use for aquarium.
CZQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:31 AM   #20
vincent2982
Dragon
 
vincent2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,276
Default

I just setup my 2x3level OHF. find it quite heavy with 4KG of Sphere in the middle section. My bottom still got some space. Wish to add Matrix duno if will b too heavy for a 3 FT tank.

Btw, i notice most water drip dun touch the border of the box, end up border media is dry, no water contact. Norm? I think of rearrange, use CR to b the border so the nano sphere can concentrate on the center part where water will drip.
vincent2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 10:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)