Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 24-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #11
Navy
Dragon

I actually intent to set up a same tank as yrs but minus the anamone. Pls update on the progress of the livestock in yr set up.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 12:12 AM   #12
ymmij
Senior Dragon

i was inspired by this setup so i bought a dymax iq5 (13litres).

i have added sand and live rock cycling now....
ymmij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 04:22 AM   #13
k9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
i was inspired by this setup so i bought a dymax iq5 (13litres).

i have added sand and live rock cycling now....
Bro good news I have dymax facebook and commented they shld add a mini skimmer from marine reefer like us and they heard me!! They told me in reply that they are working on it already! I'm impressed about how they listened. Do support them their ideas are innovative yet inexpensive
Old 30-01-2011, 04:27 AM   #14
k9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_cheng_hoo View Post
clean and neat setup.. is there filtration and skimmer?
Bro skimmer for iq3 unknown but iq5 on the way as told by dymax FB page.
Old 30-01-2011, 04:35 AM   #15
k9er

Hi all I have a set up of this brand called Ibox nano with similar set up plus skimmer but bought at a higher price compared to the iq3. It comes along with a skimmer though and it's quite useful in the tank I have soft corals(mushrooms) and some rocks. Live stock are one crown, one damsel, one goby, one crab and two small seahorses. All doing well except in time to come I will need to upgrade to bigger one cus of the seahorse. Btw this set up is at my gf place and she got no knowledge in marine keeping yet it can be maintained by adding tap water upon evapouration. So far everything we put inside survive although I'll say it's a little overcrowding soon. However do note u need to purchase a additional air pump for the skimmer urslf.
Old 31-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #16
aloha87

Default Ibox nano

Hey bro! where did u buy your Ibox nano tank and how much did it cost you?
Thks
Old 31-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #17
laken
User Under Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9er View Post
Hi all I have a set up of this brand called Ibox nano with similar set up plus skimmer but bought at a higher price compared to the iq3. It comes along with a skimmer though and it's quite useful in the tank I have soft corals(mushrooms) and some rocks. Live stock are one crown, one damsel, one goby, one crab and two small seahorses. All doing well except in time to come I will need to upgrade to bigger one cus of the seahorse. Btw this set up is at my gf place and she got no knowledge in marine keeping yet it can be maintained by adding tap water upon evapouration. So far everything we put inside survive although I'll say it's a little overcrowding soon. However do note u need to purchase a additional air pump for the skimmer urslf.
Bro,

care to share a picture of your setup.. i wanna setup a nano tank for a pair of seahorses
laken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #18
k9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by laken View Post
Bro,

care to share a picture of your setup.. i wanna setup a nano tank for a pair of seahorses
Hi
I am using Hp to go on line and can't post pics. The ibox nano is smaller abit then iq5 but bigger than iq3. For seahorse if u ask me it's not enough. I would go for the iq5 for the for two pair. The set is at my gf place and the seahorse are captive tank bred so it's easier to keep n adapt. U can buy them at aquamarin but dunno still have stock or not.
Enjoy
Old 01-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #19
k9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloha87 View Post
Hey bro! where did u buy your Ibox nano tank and how much did it cost you?
Thks
Hi
Bought at aquamarin in paya lebar. 99 bucks with a simple set up of some coral, water, two crown fish n sand. But the air pump for the skimmer have to be purchased separately.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #20
aloha87

Does the ibox nano set comes with the skimmer?