Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 14-10-2016, 06:15 PM   #31
BBP604
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xersion View Post
ur backside lobang lor
Tat one must jio kkj.
He is chief leh.
BBP604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 12:25 PM   #32
kenghua
Arofanatic

People are still having sex. Just not making babies.

Fortunately, Singapore is not a country with a predominant religion which is against contraceptives. Instead of low birthrate, we would've over-population.

Case in point. The powerful Catholic Church in Philippines is against any government policy on birth control. Not uncommon for families to have 5 or more children in Philippines. Especially those living in poverty. Caught in vicious cycle of poverty. Too many mouths to feed. Low income. Can't afford to send children to school for education. Young girls sold to sex trade or perform sex acts online to support their families.

Last edited by kenghua; 15-10-2016 at 12:26 PM.
kenghua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 12:54 PM   #33
globalcookie
Dragon

'Honest conversation' needed: Josephine Teo responds to criticism on 'sex' comment
Posted 13 Oct 2016 09:14 Updated 13 Oct 2016 09:20

ENLARGECAPTION
3134 Email More
SINGAPORE: An “honest conversation” is needed on how Singapore can prepare for millennial families, Senior Minister of State for Finance and Transport Josephine Teo said in response to an online furore over her comment that couples need “a very small space to have sex”.

The remark, made during an interview with The Straits Times published on Wednesday (Oct 12), was to persuade Singaporean couples to try for children even if they have not settled into their own flat yet.

In a Facebook post on Wednesday night, Mrs Teo said that the report “might not have captured everything in the way I intended”.

“But in all seriousness, we need an honest conversation on how, as a society, we can get ready for Millennial families,” she said.

“Every way I turn, I see more of our Millennials boldly stepping up to overturn long-held assumptions about what #Singaporeans can and cannot achieve … With bold collective actions in the areas of housing, pre-school services, workplace and community support, we can give more Millennials the confidence that marriage and parenthood are Achievable, Enjoyable and Celebrated!”

Singapore has one of the lowest fertility rates in the world, at 1.24 births per woman, according to data released by the National Population and Talent Division in September. Its population grew 1.3 per cent last year, with the number of citizens rising by just 1 per cent.

Mrs Teo’s “sex in small spaces” comment caused a stir on social media, with some blogs coming up with lists of the smallest places in Singapore which could fit the bill.

"Singaporeans are like birds, don't expect to have eggs when there is no nest to lay them," Facebook user Shawn Yang said.

Another Facebook user Derrick Poh said: "Not everyone has the luxury of depending on their parents to host them and a baby while the government takes three to four years to build a flat."

Women rights activists said such comments did little to tackle the cause of a low birth rate.

"It's clearly meant as a joke, (but it's) fallen a bit flat," Ms Jolene Tan, head of advocacy and research at the Association of Women for Action and Research told Reuters.

"There's still many barriers ... Many women still face discrimination at work. Working hours in Singapore are still (much) longer than many other civil advanced economies."

- CNA/REUTERS/am

They not even having honest conversation that we commoners sees as honest,talk what 'Honest conversation'.... kidding who
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 01:13 PM   #34
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

Salary take so high .. stupid speaking ..
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #35
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAO LUO View Post
Salary take so high .. stupid speaking ..
Can u breed luohan in a 1 feet tank?
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 02:47 PM   #36
hkh
Arofanatic

There are other more important factors affecting the young couples having babies than SPACE........
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 04:22 PM   #37
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
There are other more important factors affecting the young couples having babies than SPACE........
honest conversation; diew

Teaching me how to diew

I can guaranteed stamp chop double confirm that I have more patterns and styles doing it enjoyably other than a small space
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 05:12 PM   #38
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart73 View Post
honest conversation; diew

Teaching me how to diew

I can guaranteed stamp chop double confirm that I have more patterns and styles doing it enjoyably other than a small space
So look like all the budget hotels in Geylang can offer smaller rooms with lower charges.......
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote