Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 02-10-2017, 11:27 PM   #231
stargazer
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Think about it....

On 1 hand, we have so many ppl KPKB about gov but dare not openly shoot on many topics.... on the other hand, a teen dares go all out, be it on whatever topic he gotten himself into Jail, IMH and kena slapped.... ....
I have no issue abt him criticizing garmen. Maybe there are ppl in garmen setting policies which affect his life.

But why criticize other ppl's religions openly? It is not easy for SG to come thus far in religious harmony. Why need to stir trouble? You mean it is all right to do this?
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:14 AM   #232
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
But why criticize other ppl's religions openly? It is not easy for SG to come thus far in religious harmony. Why need to stir trouble? You mean it is all right to do this?
I have no issues with him on whatever he criticize since there will, from time to time, someone who will say things that doesn't feels comfortable to the ears/heart. Why do I get upset over a stranger's rant when I can choose to just ignore.

Yes, no doubt the YPAP fella who past a certain remarks on a bus load of children, no doubt another past another remark on killing innocent unborn children, and both kind of retracted their statements.

Let's not forget the other saga of 2 different churches where one member took e statue of a deities or godess off the alter and saw off the head, while another 'ex-monk and nun' took to the stage to criticize their former religion.

Did the nation reacted to these as they did to AY, a teen? The sensitivity is to specific religions while the other religions are more tolerant it seems??

Selective reading/listening.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 01:37 PM   #233
Ong88

Prof SK Ong

#Don't #SendHimBack

Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time.
Use imgur for your photos sharing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.imgur.mobile
Ong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #234
stargazer
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ong88 View Post
#Don't #SendHimBack

So he is stirring sh!t there?
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 05:07 PM   #235
Ong88

Prof SK Ong

He's outlived my expectations of his survival time actually.

No blanket parties so far, surprisingly.

Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time.
Use imgur for your photos sharing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.imgur.mobile
Ong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 09:20 PM   #236
condor
Dragon

For some reason, Singaporean vlogger and teenage enfant terrible Amos Yee was invited to speak at Harvard. Yes, the Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
For another unknown reason, his scheduled speech*at the Harvard College Open Campus Initiative (HCOCI) was unceremoniously canceled just 24 hours before the program, which was supposed to be conducted yesterday at*6:30pm (PST).
It would have been a big moment*for the 18-year-old, if his talk had went on. It would have been his first public speaking event (at an Ivy League institution, no less) since he was granted asylum in the United States.
The filmmaker-turned-activist*who*served two jail terms in Singapore for hate speech had his wish granted by the US immigration court late September after 10 months in detention.
But without warning or detailed reasons, HCOCI canceled the event that had been titled “Jailed for Dissent”.
Taking to his YouTube channel to respond (his Facebook page was suspended temporarily for violating community standards), Yee said he believed*that Harvard canceled his scheduled talk because of his dicey opinion on sexual age of consent laws. Namely, that they*should be eliminated — which many have taken to be proof that Yee apparently supports pedophilia.
Expressing outrage over the decision, he stood his ground on his views, clarifying his beliefs to viewers. We’ll, uh, just let you read*what he said.
“I feel that if a person below the age of 18 perfectly consents to having sex with an adult, he should be allowed to do it. And the adult who has sex with that person should not be sent to jail for it.
“I had thoughts that I wanted to have sex with 20-year-olds when I was 16. So why shouldn’t I be able to do it? And if I did do it, it does not at all make sense that legally, the 20-year-old that my 16-year-old self had sex with should go to prison for it?”
“Good point!” we like to imagine proud Alabaman and US Senate hopeful Roy Moore shouted somewhere when he read it.
He*went on to state that many “misrepresented” his views and claimed that he promoted rape and child abuse — a claim he vehemently denied, asserting that he would “never promote violence to anyone”.
Yee also believes*this was the same reason he was banned from the Mythopoeic Society Conference (MythCon) last month, where he was also initially invited to attend for free.
“[T]his really goes against the spirit of free speech that MythCon and the Harvard College Open Campus Initiative claimed that they want to cultivate,” Yee griped, puzzled that they*were “completely discounting all the pro-human rights work that (he*had) done”.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 11:17 AM   #237
Auratus
Arofanatic

[QUOTE=condor;10003942]“I feel that if a person below the age of 18 perfectly consents to having sex with an adult, he should be allowed to do it. And the adult who has sex with that person should not be sent to jail for it.
QUOTE]

Thank goodness for once, that we kick him out of SG and treat him as an idiot. Can't imagine, if he is a partner with PPAP leadership, not only we are screwed but so will be our children!
Auratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #238
loveikan
Arofanatic

In Pedophilia, are we talking about below 18 years old? Who is he kidding? Some of the victims can be as young as 9 or 10 years old.

Good riddance!
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 03:15 PM   #239
globalcookie
Dragon

If we read objectively, he said
“I feel that if a person below the age of 18 perfectly consents to having sex with an adult, he should be allowed to do it. And the adult who has sex with that person should not be sent to jail for it.
“I had thoughts that I wanted to have sex with 20-year-olds when I was 16. So why shouldn’t I be able to do it? And if I did do it, it does not at all make sense that legally, the 20-year-old that my 16-year-old self had sex with should go to prison for it?”

In that text above, he stated below 18 years old, but did not suggest 14, 12, 10 or what. If we look at sex laws, 16 is legal age here. So I think it isn't legally wrong to have sex with someone who has turned 16.

He also cited, when he was 16, and wanting to have sex with 20yr olds. That's again, not really a pedophilia isn't it? It's writers and readers' perception that labelled him a pedo.

A search on the definition

Definition of pedophilia
:sexual perversion in which children are the preferred sexual object; specifically :a psychiatric disorder in which an adult has sexual fantasies about or engages in sexual acts with a prepubescent child

Definition of prepubescent
f, relating to, being in, or occurring in the period of development immediately preceding puberty prepubescent children prepubescent growth

---------------------

I'm not in support of him, but the issue is out of context.

Also, the things he said that upset a lot of people, not everything are wrong. He has his valid points, just that it wasn't put across in words that people loves to hear.
Old 20-11-2017, 03:34 PM   #240
globalcookie
Dragon

Perhaps AY didn't know.....

Quote:
The legal age to have sex in Singapore is 16 years old. This means that it is a punishable offence to have sex (whether ******l, oral or anal) with persons below 16 years old, as stated in section 376A of the Singapore Penal Code.

What If You Didn’t Know He/She was a Minor?
Section 377D of the Penal Code states that:

Offenders above 21 years old cannot claim that they mistakenly believed the person was not underage as a defence.
Offenders below 21 years old may claim that they mistakenly believed the person was not underage as a defence. However, this is only if that person is of the opposite sex, and if the offender has not committed any similar sexual offences before.
Rape
Under section 375 of the Penal Code, a man will be guilty of rape if he has ******l sex with:

Any woman without her consent; or
A girl under 14 years old, regardless of whether she had given her consent.
Sexual Assault by Penetration
Women cannot technically commit “rape” as the rape provision (i.e. section 375 of the Penal Code) applies only to male offenders. However, they can be convicted for sexual assault by penetration under section 376 of the Penal Code if they use a part of their body (or an object) to penetrate another person’s ****** or anus without that person’s consent.

Men also cannot technically “rape” male victims as the rape provision applies only to female victims. However, they can similarly be convicted of sexual assault by penetration if they have oral or anal sex with another male without his consent.

Commercial Sex with Minors
Commercial sex (i.e. paying for sex) with persons under 18 years old is a punishable offence under section 376B of the Penal Code.

Under section 376C of the Penal Code, Singapore citizens or Permanent Residents who engage in commercial sex with persons under 18 will still be liable even if the acts were done outside of Singapore.

Sexting
Sending sexually suggestive messages to a person under 16 year old may result in a prosecution under section 7 of the Children and Young Persons Act or section 76E of the Penal Code.

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law...-in-singapore/
Waaaa males are at disadvantage... if he was raped by a female (yes, it does happen elsewhere), we have very little legal protection.