Arofanatic

Your @carlsberg Man of the Match is...

NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 04:46 PM   #262
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Mohamed Salah- Liverpool's Egyptian Messi | Player Focus

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 18-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #263
elimmel
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI KI View Post
Job done. And that’s why most teams don’t try and play football against us.
That’s why we don’t score as many in our home games.
Most teams come ready to park their bus. Some teams park 2 buses.

3 points and clean sheet. Let’s keep it going!
elimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 05:08 PM   #264
NI KI
Arofanatic

Andy Robertson takes 'big step' for Liverpool as Jurgen Klopp hails defender's improvement

Jurgen Klopp hailed “a big step” for Andy Robertson as Liverpool put Bournemouth to the sword at the Vitality Stadium.

The left back was a stellar performer as the Reds ran riot on the South Coast. Robertson set up Philippe Coutinho's superbly-taken opener and delivered comfortably his most complete performance since joining the club in the summer, helping his side to a comprehensive 4-0 victory.

The Scotland international has had to wait for an extended run in the first team, playing second fiddle to Alberto Moreno for the most part this season.

But with the Spaniard injured, the 23-year-old is needed. Here, he didn't let his manager down.

“He has not had to wait, he has had to train and to learn,” Klopp said. “That is a different thing.

“Only because everybody is asking, it looks like he has to wait.

“He made a big step today. His first two games were good, but Robbo can do much better and he knows that.

“He has to gain rhythm, get more confident and today was a game where he really made a difference.

“The first pass he played from the back for, I think, Roberto? He couldn't get it, but that was the idea we worked on. The first goal I think is 40 per cent him, because without his run at the back of Phil things would be different, no?

“He did really well and we are happy for him.”

Klopp cut a satisfied figure at his post-match press conference, though he admitted that runaway leaders Manchester City would take some catching at the top of the table.

Of more concern, for the time being at least, is the race for the top four. Liverpool's win here puts them into the final Champions League spot, in the slipstream of Manchester United and Chelsea but with Arsenal, Tottenham and surprise package Burnley close behind.

Last season, Liverpool needed 76 points to finish in the top four, and Klopp was asked whether they would need a similar total this time around.

“I don't know, I don't have a crystal ball!” he said. “I don't even know how many points we needed last season. 76? I don't think it will be much lower.

“Everyone up there is still winning, so you need to carry on. But I don't know. A lot of teams are in good shape, but City win all the games so it will be difficult to get them.

“I have respect for them. They are not flying in this moment, but they are working hard for it. It is well deserved.

“If they struggle like nobody with Manchester City's quality has ever struggled before, then maybe someone will be there. But it doesn't look like it.

“But if I stopped working because I couldn't be the league champion, then I wouldn't be here. We have so many things to play for, and I am enjoying the season.

“It is so intense, so hard to get anything. But most of the time our football is really good to watch.

“We play next Friday against Arsenal – wow! That's a really hard one, but we look forward to it.”

Klopp's final question was on the importance of the forthcoming transfer window, though it was one he was not quick to engage with.

“All the transfer windows are or were important, there's no doubt about that,” he said.

“It depends on 'can you be busy or not?' or 'are you forced to be busy?' I have nothing to say about it, it is just another window.

“We have won football games with a completely different line-up. If a club is dependent on one player only, then you have real problems. We are not. I am happy with my squad, and have nothing to say about the transfer window.”
Old 18-12-2017, 05:11 PM   #265
NI KI
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by elimmel View Post
That’s why we don’t score as many in our home games.
Most teams come ready to park their bus. Some teams park 2 buses.

3 points and clean sheet. Let’s keep it going!
yup, and the buses come in all kind of colours
Old 18-12-2017, 06:11 PM   #266
NI KI
Arofanatic

Emre Can latest

If it’s a day ending with a y, it’s a story about Emre Can and Juventus.

Now Juve chief executive Giuseppe Marotta, speaking to Mediaset Premium, has reaffirmed their pursuit of the player.

Emre Can is a name doing the rounds because his contract is running down.

I won’t deny he is a player we too have monitored and many important clubs will try to close a deal over the next few weeks.

We are tracking the situation, nothing more.
Old 18-12-2017, 11:10 PM   #267
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default How Liverpool created English football history at Bournemouth

Liverpool have made a habit of setting new landmarks since Jurgen Klopp took over as manager two years ago.

With the goals flowing at one end – and, it must be said, being leaked a little too much at the other – Klopp's Reds have been etching their names in history, both on an individual and collective basis.

For example, already this season they have matched the biggest-ever away win by any team in the Champions League with their 7-0 triumph at Maribor.

And by winning at Brighton, they extended their record of having won at more Premier League stadiums than any other team.

But on Sunday, Liverpool surpassed themselves.

By winning 4-0 at Bournemouth, the Reds ensured their fourth successive away league win by a margin of at least three goals, having earlier won 4-1 at West Ham United, 3-0 at Stoke City and 5-1 at Brighton.

That wasn't just the first time Liverpool had achieved such a feat.

It wasn't just the first time a Premier League team had achieved such a feat.

It was in fact the first time ANY English top-flight team had managed such a run of emphatic wins on the road in the league.

Given the Football League started in 1888, that's some going.

And if Klopp's side make it five in a row at Arsenal on Friday night, it'll be something seriously worth shouting about.
Old 18-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #268
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Liverpool celebrate in style at players' Christmas party

Jurgen Klopp and his Liverpool players celebrated in style at the club's annual Christmas party at Formby Hall.

The Reds headed straight for the plush venue after flying back to Merseyside following Sunday afternoon's impressive 4-0 victory at Bournemouth.

With Liverpool not in action again until they face Arsenal away on Friday night, Klopp was happy for the squad to let their hair down into the early hours.

The players were accompanied to Formby Hall by their partners with all the staff from Melwood also in attendance.

Philippe Coutinho posed for photos with his wife Aine and with team-mate Roberto Firmino, who caught the eye with his choice of outfit.

Firmino, who scored Liverpool's fourth goal against Bournemouth, was sporting white trousers, a blue bandana and purple glasses.

Captain Jordan Henderson hit the dance floor with Gini Wijnaldum and Joe Gomez, while Dejan Lovren and Lazar Markovic donned cowboy hats in the photo booth. Lovren posted it on Instagram with the message: "Me and my brother."

Spirits were high after a dominant display had lifted Liverpool back into the top four in the Premier League.
Old 19-12-2017, 02:09 AM   #269
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Mane to attend awards night in Ghana on eve of Everton

Jurgen Klopp is prepared to allow Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane to attend an awards ceremony in Africa just 24 hours before the FA Cup showdown with Everton at Anfield.

The Reds’ star duo have been named on the three-man shortlist for the Confederation of African Football (CAF) Player of the Year award.

The ceremony takes place in Accra, Ghana on Thursday, January 4, the day before Liverpool take on the Blues in a third round tie.

Salah and Mane are both keen to be in attendance at the prestigious awards and Klopp is prepared to sanction the whistle-stop 7,000-mile round trip.

The ECHO understands that plans are currently being put in place to hire a private plane to get them to Accra and back to Merseyside prior to the meeting with Sam Allardyce’s side.

A seven-hour flight is not ideal preparation for such a highly-charged fixture, but Salah and Mane will return on the morning of the match and will be available for selection for the Friday night contest which kicks off at 7.55pm.

Salah and Mane are joined on the shortlist by Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Salah has already won the 2017 BBC African Footballer of the Year award and is the favourite to make it a double triumph.

The 25-year-old has enjoyed a year to cherish - shining for Roma, firing Egypt to their first World Cup for 28 years and enjoying a breathtaking start to his Liverpool career with 20 goals in just 26 appearances.
Old 20-12-2017, 04:41 AM   #270
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Borussia Dortmund keen on Emre Can as battle to sign Liverpool midfielder hots up

Liverpool midfielder Emre Can is wanted by a host of top European clubs, according to Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc.

The Germany international looks increasingly likely to leave Anfield when his contract expires next summer after talks over a new deal broke down.

Juventus are the favourites to secure his services and he could sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club as early as January 1.

Dortmund have also been linked with Can and when asked about the 23-year-old’s availability, Zorc insisted there was significant competition for his signature.

He told Sky Deutschland: “An excellent player. He is in the sights of the very, very large clubs of Europe.”

Jurgen Klopp has made it clear he wants to keep Can but a major stumbling block in discussions has been the player’s desire for a release clause.

Asked about his future, Can recently told the ECHO: “I concentrate on this season and let my agent handle all the rest.

“It is not about money, that’s all I can say. Yes I could (sign a pre-contract with another club), but tomorrow I could also sign for Liverpool. We’ll see.”

Juventus have made no secret of their interest having tried and failed to buy Can last summer. Juve chief executive Giuseppe Marotta said: “Emre Can is a name doing the rounds because his contract is running down.

“I won’t deny he is a player we too have monitored and many important clubs will try to close a deal over the next few weeks. We are tracking the situation, nothing more.”

Klopp has vowed to keep picking Can despite the uncertainty over his future. He is back available for Friday’s trip to Arsenal after missing the victory at Bournemouth due to suspension.