Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 26-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #31
soomin
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CullTail View Post
Just wondering, you all keep scolding the men in white, but you all seriously think that the men in blue, red, orange and whatever other colours will solve all your grievances? Just wondering, no harm intended.
We have left with little choice, if we continue to give majority mandate to MIW, the blue, red, orange etc will never rise up & survive.
Do you ever consider this?? If there is no opp in parliament, will anyone challenge (make public) they pay package? YOG expense? the flood?? Do you ever think of what will be that situation like? Main media forever report the good news & you being kept in dark forever.
soomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #32
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Quote:
so just because the men in white can't solve these, means that the men in other colours can solve them? I'm only asking a very simple question, a yes or no question. Whether you all think that the men in other colours can solve them?
Yes. I'm sure they can. Give them 5 yrs or more to prove it.

If MIW can't solve problems, what are the reasons you vote for them again?
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #33
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

nvr try ... we don't no ...... they can work bo ..........
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #34
Ben
Dragon

Quote:
Just wondering, you all keep scolding the men in white, but you all seriously think that the men in blue, red, orange and whatever other colours will solve all your grievances? Just wondering, no harm intended.
Obama once said "vote for change", that's exactly what you should do unless you are contented with where you are right now. Singapore is a rich country, but I hear too many stories of it's citizens struggling. It may not be you, but once you lose your job when you are in your 40s, when you have a million dollar house to pay plus young kids to feed, thats it.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #35
dkk08
Arofanatic

We won't know until there's a change, we may be able to eradicate our emotions and vote with our mind and not with our heart but my mind tells me its time for a change and there're many many reason for that change which many bros have brought out here and which many folks are suffering in silence or in fear that whatever they say out loud will have serious negative outcome to them and their family... I say why live in that fear or that shadow of comfort when indeed many of us are suffering...
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #36
prestontan
Arofanatic

$800? They only give me $200.

Maybe they think people like me just spend $200 and they can shoo me off. Maybe I look gullible? Haha. 10 months PB up to 14 months simply mean their salary anything can double leh.

So whatever they show us is probably half the amount they actually receove ah? Wah. Chiat Bay Liow leh.
prestontan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #37
hen
Arofanatic

If no change poor will be poorer and rich will be richer. The gap will be wider.
hen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #38
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Sharing..........

狮城真是了不起,
根成不说对不起,
三天两头水电起,
大学学费快要起,
...药费便宜借口起,
叫人价格不要起,
自己薪水偷偷起,
国民薪水慢慢起,
真是看你拿不起……………来!
五月七日全站起,
投票在野全一起,
不然价格通通起。
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #39
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Objectively...

First thing Singaporeans wants, as all already know by now, VOICES in parliament, to challenge PAP on their policies, to be a check and balances on policies that ends up penalising the average and poor.

Grievances. Need to identify them. I guess many are agreeable to these few:
- Housing
- Foreign workers
- Unacceptable high wages of ministers upwards
- Lousy governance and unaccountability of unfortunate events
- Arrogant and aloof attitude

The list goes on.

Given that, Singaporeans wants our voices thru the opposition and the Opposition listens more. There will be a need for the people to voice out to the MPs (opposition) on the policies, share with them our constructive views on how to better some bad policies (like the above). We need to do our part, for the better of Singapore. Provide our feedbacks (constructive) to them.

Also, with a stronger presence of opposition, and with a 'freak' result where (if it happens), one-third majority goes to Opposition, would the PAP remains as arrogant and aloof, and so unaccountable in unfortunate events?

Two person facing a pack of 82, how do you think they can voice out? BUT, if 29 (one-third of 87) Oppositions are in the house, voices will boom.

So, YES, they will more or less solve our grivences.

Last edited by globalcookie; 26-04-2011 at 08:37 PM.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #40
madnikon
Arofanatic

Frankly speaking, in our life we need to have changes. No change no improvement. We need to take the risk. Anyway, even we support opposition party, it does not mean that they will win. Main factor is we has to make the rigt choice, like wat the MIW said u must buy the right insurance. Yes. They r right we should buy the right insurance coverage. Buy for the coverage that cover people of Singapore and not the the MIW bouns and pay cheque.
madnikon is offline   Reply With Quote