Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 26-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #41
dzylim
Arofanatic

am asking for my friend. she need the email of all the political websites, email of the PM, and all newspaper in singapore cos she is gonna write a very nasty email.

this is what happened to her. 2 years ago she worked in a company that never paid her salary for 2 months. the company later closed down and she only gt $80 after the accounting firm took over. MOM did not lift a finger to help.

later she worked under a new branch in STB for 2 months in Changi airport collecting survey data from tourists. she was paid CPF as reflected in her statement but she never get paid. she is still pursuing the matter with STB and till today, 8 months later they still have not paid her and is ignoring her call. A director arranged a meeting with her a month back and stood her up. Small claim tribunal cannot do anything, MOM still not working. her lawyer friend had issue a letter to STB but they are still not replying after almost 1 month.

now she is working under Npark. better environment cos at least she gets paid. But she just told me today that her Dividend Growth fund which we are all getting in hundreds, she only get $100. WTF! she stays in a 1 room rented flat with her mum and her pay is only $1600. and she is only getting $100??

She called the relevant department and they say she did not file her income tax 2 years ago therefore she only entitle to $100. the person say will check with IRAS regarding her matter 2 years ago. IRAS now inform Npark to deduct $500++ from her endorsement(whatever that means but i think its her pay) when in the first place they still refund her the TV licence tax!

therefore she decides to make this matter known. everytime she approach her MP at AMK is useless. will always say write letter but to no effect.

where is the empathy? where is the compassion? Stat board so screwed up and corrupted that they even wanna eat some poor girl's pay?

$500++ for income tax? for someone who did not get paid? WTF!

So can anyone here provide me with the emails and i will forward to her. thanks alot.

Last edited by dzylim; 26-04-2011 at 10:54 PM.
dzylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #42
ymmij
Senior Dragon

any news on the plight of your friend? it seems kinda weird that government agencies are doing such things....
ymmij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #43
TWP1219
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinLeong View Post

Ur children need to ballot for a place in K1?
K1 need to ballot?? or do u mean Pri 1?? Usually balloting only for top schs I think, I may be wrong cos my kids not in Pri 1 yet.
TWP1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #44
AlvinLeong
Dragon

K1. Limited places only. PCF some more.
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #45
dzylim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
any news on the plight of your friend? it seems kinda weird that government agencies are doing such things....
all practicing taiji. what else. i suspect someone is eating money there....
dzylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #46
TWP1219
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzylim View Post
all practicing taiji. what else. i suspect someone is eating money there....
This is serious. Ask your fren to report to CPIB for investigation.
TWP1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #47
ymmij
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP1219 View Post
This is serious. Ask your fren to report to CPIB for investigation.
Problem is if there is no concrete prove would cpib bothers? Furthermore would the related agencies sue for defamation?
ymmij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 12:49 AM   #48
guruplease

Said No to minimum salary
yes to gst,erp,coe,NS,CPF mimimum sum and so many for sporean but millions for their own...

What are these, can you turn a blind eyes to all these? Be a brave sporean, show the world your courage and vote for a change... a change for us and our future generations

Last edited by guruplease; 30-04-2011 at 12:49 AM. Reason: error
Old 30-04-2011, 12:59 AM   #49
BTGH
Dragon

actually, I have a few queries:
i) Are the minister's salary tax free?
ii) Do they get the MP allowance on top of their ministerial pay?
iii) For the 'special, secret' bonus for the ministers, the PM will decide this component for each minister. Then who decide this 'bonus' for the PM? He himself decide and approve?
BTGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 01:40 AM   #50
limkt
User Under Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP1219 View Post
K1 need to ballot?? or do u mean Pri 1?? Usually balloting only for top schs I think, I may be wrong cos my kids not in Pri 1 yet.
U need to cos many FT fight for the place , don be shock, now they use balloting recently after many years of complaining as u know the garment ignore n don listen.we r becoming worse than 2nd class in our own place,trust me we can make a change.nobody is indispensable, I have seen CEO , vp n managing director being replace, once the company have no CEO the as vp stand in n the NBC company stll run n hv profit n good bonuses.make z change before too late, n I know it is going to be tough when new garment take over cos the existing ones had create a lot of shit for themdue to incompetence , but one thing they good are getting big pay.
limkt is offline   Reply With Quote