Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 29-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #31
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote66 View Post
U heard of CSJ before he got into trouble with vasoo?
IMHO he entered politics when he lost his well paid job and has a sword to grind
If you choose to believe the credibility of PAP SMEAR campaign, then it is up to you.
Old 29-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #32
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
There r ways of doing things and pursuing ur own dreams
Definitely not his ways
And getting his family affected like this
From a 5 figure family income to zero
hmm...
His way may not be the best, but dont think its something condemnable, its still his choice.
Not sure if it really affects his family negatively, he seems to be doing okay.
Kids seems to have good values instilled.
5 fig to zero? $$ is not everything
as one gets nearer the bucket, the value of $$ drops dramatically.

As usual, dont think we can agree on this..
so be it.
i rest
richardg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #33
Humongous

Quote:
Definitely not his ways
So it all boils down to the $$$$ and he is now perceived to be in negative light?
Old 29-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #34
coyote66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humongous View Post
So it all boils down to the $$$$ and he is now perceived to be in negative light?
my point is that
there are better ways he can pursue what he want to do
without affecting his family materialistically

to me he is like a general who has given away his wife and disarmed his soldiers without achieving anything

by the way.....al these nothing personal hor
if i may get infracted points den i apologised to all and move on

Last edited by coyote66; 29-02-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 29-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #35
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
U heard of CSJ before he got into trouble with vasoo?
IMHO he entered politics when he lost his well paid job and has a sword to grind
Sorry. Got to disagree. He may have a sword to grind subsequently but the sequence is incorrect. He was, first, unveiled as a " prized " catch for the opposition to stand in the by-election in Marine Parade in 1992.

It is important to know that it is AFTER his introduction as an opposition candidate that he got into all sorts of controversy as how our media reported, not BEFORE. Vasoo was Chee's boss in NUS and of course, a PAP MP as well. Chee was alleged to have sent his wife's thesis to the United States using research funds and also over-claiming taxi fares that he incurred in the course of his work. But all these were AFTER he stand as an opposition candidate in the by-election.

Quote:
Definitely not his ways
I hv to agree that there are different ways of doing things, including how he was portrayed in the media as a clown and how he was taken to task and sacked from his job. He would have been much better off financially had he not decided to stand for that fateful 1992 by-election. And that is what most of us would do.
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #36
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave57 View Post
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
If this had been his way of portraying himself BEFORE tat fateful year of his downfall...

I'm sure things will have been much much different.

Too bad, ppl will only more of the bad, less of the good (if they even do bother)
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #37
Guppies Onli
Dragon

I salute him for his courage and persistence. How many of us can be like him. Are his family suffering with him or giving him the full support? Who are we to judge?
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #38
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
U heard of CSJ before he got into trouble with vasoo? IMHO he entered politics when he lost his well paid job and has a sword to grind
Education is where you first get people's mindset tuned. The gov has to get rid of him before he tunes too many undergrads mindset. Let's not forget Tianamen Square protest. It was university undergrads.

I doubt he is totally broke today, that he cannot afford a decent life for his family. Look at his childrens, they doesn't look malnorished. They may not have the comfort of a big home, better holidays, etc. But they are having a more dignified life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
If this had been his way of portraying himself BEFORE tat fateful year of his downfall...

I'm sure things will have been much much different.
I believe his early idealogy was the American democracy, which doesn't work here. He appeared as an angry man, of the system in Singapore and angry how a particular family has run the country like they are the lord of the land. That's what I perceive of him then.

Even in the days he was called crazy and unjustly reflected by media, my respect for him didn't change. I didn't start liking him only last year like some did.

So yes, you are right, mindset may not change for all, i'm one of those whose mindset didn't change
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #39
Guppies Onli
Dragon

I think it's difficult for him and his wife to get a job in Singapore especially he is bankrupt. As for his wife, once she put her husband name on the resume, how many will still employ her? MOE, HDB, PSB, etc... and civil service job?
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #40
satan_gal
Dragon

I dunno, but to even HAVE a car, and be able to drive his kids to school everyday, with his wife and himself not drawing any stable income.

He's not as badly off as ppl think he is, la.

Btw.. Bankrupt can own HDB and car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
I doubt he is totally broke today, that he cannot afford a decent life for his family. Look at his childrens, they doesn't look malnorished. They may not have the comfort of a big home, better holidays, etc. But they are having a more dignified life.
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote