Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 04-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #11
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAO LUO View Post
I tot they welcome FT ? ........ so many Docs .......2nd world and 3 rd world .......
I hear that to live here it's better to die than get sick.....cos' after recovery from a major illness...the hospital bill will cause you a heart attack....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #12
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
i think we can build many hospitals. but can we find that many doctors to put in the hospitals?????

public health sector and getting dedicated and good doctors to work in public hospital is another big big headache.

the problem there is probably much more complex.
We did not have top grade Table Tennis Players....but we won Olympic Silver....think we can learn from this lesson....
Old 04-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #13
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris View Post
I did a search as to how much it would cost to have a new hospital build and guess what, it is only $700 million!

From past experience, we know our government lack foresight in planning, when one Ministry does one thing and another get caught by surprise when s**t happens. In this case putting $1.1 billion of our funds into the privately-owned transport companies with the possibility we will not see any returns, against building a public hospital for an aging population, will be considered as a waste of public funds.

Friends, what are your opinions? Does this make sense? Should all old folks be send to Johor where medical treatment and care of the old is very much cheaper? Remember, one day you will get old too.
Actually the building costs could be even lowered....didn't you see Ng Teng Fong, Khoo Tech Phak Hospitals coming up....we can have more of them...
Old 04-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #14
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
I hear that to live here it's better to die than get sick.....cos' after recovery from a major illness...the hospital bill will cause you a heart attack....
yes .. if u nvr pay bill ...they use collected like ah long .. send u letter .... or they use lawyer letter .... this what singapore Hospital ,,,
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #15
smellyfish
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAO LUO View Post
I tot they welcome FT ? ........ so many Docs .......2nd world and 3 rd world .......
that's the too lan ness of it. and how many good clever SG kids want to be doctor but cannot, and in the end, important sub-standard kerala doctors. kua liao pun too lan.
smellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #16
smellyfish
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris View Post
In planning for a larger population, there must be first the infrastructure to cater for the increase. We see public services and amenities not up to par, for instance the MRT, buses, hospital beds, etc. Have you thought on why there is a need for 550 buses in the first place? It is not really difficult to know that these 550 buses needed are for the future needs of the proposed enlarge population. What about incinerators and landfills, reservoirs and all the additional manpower in essential services such as doctors and nurses and of course hospitals.
no doubt they majorly screw up in terms of population planning. teo chee hian still talking about sustainable population, after they bring in a unsustainable population!

i fully agree with you on this. Just that there is now this big problem on hand, how to solve. some like buses still (relatively) easy. some like health is actually a lot more problematic. it is not just build hospital, it is about manning hospital with good doctors and professionals. got money also not necessarily can resolve...

that day i go do x-guang on spine, the FT x-ray guy dunno zap me how many sperm before getting a passable x-ray

Last edited by smellyfish; 04-03-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #17
smellyfish
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
We did not have top grade Table Tennis Players....but we won Olympic Silver....think we can learn from this lesson....
that one they kaki kong kaki song, i dont really care. but i go hospital, see all the FT docs i got one more condition - high blood pressure.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #18
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
that's the too lan ness of it. and how many good clever SG kids want to be doctor but cannot, and in the end, important sub-standard kerala doctors. kua liao pun too lan.
YES ..... i ilke it this your posting
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #19
hkh
Arofanatic

Kerala doctors, ah Tiong drivers, bangala workers, What's next.....
Old 04-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #20
Aris
Arofanatic

Quote:
no doubt they majorly screw up in terms of population planning. teo chee hian still talking about sustainable population, after they bring in a unsustainable population!

i fully agree with you on this. Just that there is now this big problem on hand, how to solve. some like buses still (relatively) easy. some like health is actually a lot more problematic. it is not just build hospital, it is about manning hospital with good doctors and professionals. got money also not necessarily can resolve...

that day i go do x-guang on spine, the FT x-ray guy dunno zap me how many sperm before getting a passable x-ray
Yet bringing in 550 buses more means more FT's but not worth putting the money into having more hospital beds. We don't really care too much about having beautiful hospitals with wonderful surroundings as described in the link in my first post. All we want is a reasonably and well-designed budget hospital less all those trimmings we find in hotels. Why can't the government built such amenities so it cost us less in medical fees? One day in a 1st class ward in our public hospital is akin to staying a Raffles Hotel. Do we really need all the trappings and extras that go with it?

Have you been to a hospital for an extended time? I visited my Dad in GH for a very serious illness. The amount I spend each day for parking and canteen food is just too much and I am not talking about the hospital bills. Sometimes I feel it is cheaper to just go to Bedok Reservoir as it is the cheapest way to die here.
Aris is offline   Reply With Quote