Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 24-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #11
globalcookie
Dragon

Dr Chee (and Dr Vincent I think) will be at Raffles Place tomorrow (24/8/12) during lunch time to sell e books. I am thinking of making a trip.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #12
bedoklist
Dragon

Saw him today at raffles just below arcade. Very friendly and alot of ppl bought his book and q for his signature.
bedoklist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #13
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoklist View Post
Saw him today at raffles just below arcade. Very friendly and alot of ppl bought his book and q for his signature.
Glad that there are people who still support his struggle against the so-called untouchables....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 04:24 AM   #14
farish
Dragon

How much for the book?
farish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #15
hkh
Arofanatic

Think it's $34.99 per copy......here's more detail....

http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/20...is-bankruptcy/
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #16
globalcookie
Dragon

(SDP fb)

Dr Chee Soon Juan:
I just want to thank all of you who came by this afternoon to buy the book. I mentioned that last week that sales of books was at a record high in the 20 years I've been doing this. Today's sales nearly doubled last week's. Your purchase means that I will get closer to standing in the next elections. We're getting there, my friends.

There's something else I've been wanting to do for some time which is to get together with all of you. I'll be at the Hans cafe (the one at Great Eastern Centre at Pickering Street) this Sunday at 3pm.

If you're free why not drop by, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice, leisurely Sunday chat? The kaya toast there is pretty good too. If you have a copy of the book, bring it along and let's talk about a topic in there that interests you. We'll start our own national conversation, shall we?

-------------
Sunday, 26/8/2012.
Old 25-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #17
stargazer
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
(SDP fb)

Your purchase means that I will get closer to standing in the next elections. We're getting there, my friends.
-------------
Sunday, 26/8/2012.
Just as I predicted he would. Frankly, if he still maintain the gung-ho style approach as last time, probably people will not vote for him.

Look at last GE's opposition candidates, all were able to compose themselves and spoke logically, sensibly without Chee's previous gung-ho style. It is more convincing to ppl to vote then for opposition.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #18
dave6238
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Just as I predicted he would. Frankly, if he still maintain the gung-ho style approach as last time, probably people will not vote for him.

Look at last GE's opposition candidates, all were able to compose themselves and spoke logically, sensibly without Chee's previous gung-ho style. It is more convincing to ppl to vote then for opposition.
Dunno what u are talking about. From the last GE, can see that he has changed a lot... not so brash n combative like last time... obviously he has grown wiser to the game of politics...

dave6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 01:58 AM   #19
stargazer
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6238 View Post
Dunno what u are talking about. From the last GE, can see that he has changed a lot... not so brash n combative like last time... obviously he has grown wiser to the game of politics...

Yes Sir, I observed that too. He indeed had toned down from how he supported his team members in the last GE.

I just remembered how he used to behave when he was in previous GEs before his bankruptcy.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #20
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Frankly, if he still maintain the gung-ho style approach as last time, probably people will not vote for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6238 View Post
From the last GE, can see that he has changed a lot... not so brash n combative like last time...
Yes, he has mellowed a lot and his new subtle approach is definitely much more suitable for Singapore politics. His former aggressive style cannot apply here, but maybe that is how things works in the west or in Taiwan, definitely not Singapore.

I would love to see him stand for GE and win a sit. I also would love to see him take on PAP in his debates on policies, but also in more subtle ways. This man's brains is too good that he is a waste if he doesn't get to serve his own life's mission, to deliver democracy to Singapore.

In the past, I read here, from some pple's views of him, that he is a CLOWN and he is a DISGRACE to Singapore... I never thought so. I seems to think, some of these pple (don't know who... don't remb) are eating their words now

Last edited by globalcookie; 26-08-2012 at 02:57 PM.