Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 25-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #41
CBTG
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
I mean, vote for Opposition and let them run the government. Let the current 50yrs old gov retire and rest. Let them go home play with grand children, let them retire to JB.
Let opposition sit for one term. Return all the money to us. Dig all money out. Then we all migrate. Cheers......
CBTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #42
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBTG View Post
Let opposition sit for one term. Return all the money to us. Dig all money out. Then we all migrate. Cheers......
Think the out-going garment will clear the accounts before handing over and they run road first..........
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #43
Auratus
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
Think the out-going garment will clear the accounts before handing over and they run road first..........
They already preparing and got backdoor.
Auratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #44
globalcookie
Dragon

If I hv a lot of money parked outside, I will constantly ensure my flight out is secured. Worse case scenario, if the system collapse, or if I'm in trouble locally, I'll take flight. Doesn't matter what the new says, I'm out and won't return.

A good example is Thaksin. Not saying he is guilty, but since the system is after him, once he is out of Thailand, the system can't really do much to him

Smart man will live, with a bit lesser but still live comfortably in another place.

But since I'm an ordinary, I can only kpkb here over e keyboard
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #45
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Sad but true, local is leaving foreigner is filling up their empty space. Usa, Aust , Canada , china..... youngster that work oversea are not coming back.
Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #46
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Actually something is very wrong and the government also never admit.

When Mah Bow Tan was the MND minister, HDB was in great demand, always shortage of flats.

Khaw took over, he built and built...

so meaning what? Can do one lah...only see whether they want or not.
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2014, 12:35 AM   #47
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinLeong View Post
Actually something is very wrong and the government also never admit.

When Mah Bow Tan was the MND minister, HDB was in great demand, always shortage of flats.

Khaw took over, he built and built...

so meaning what? Can do one lah...only see whether they want or not.
Sure can do one la......they are both the land owner and supplier of flats........MBT controlled the supply while they bring in FTs......so price jumped......

Khaw increase the supply of flats while they reduce the intake of FTs......sure price will drop.........
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #48
globalcookie
Dragon

If you talk abt new BTO flats, prices are artificially inflated by them. Even if demand is high and supply is constant, prices can still stay lower. Even if demand is low and supply constant, prices can still go up. THEY created it! God, Man, Devil, all them!
Old 31-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #49
Auratus
Arofanatic

As土地公, they can do anything la...take land, sell land, keep land. Where got they cannot do want.
Auratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #50
globalcookie
Dragon

6 in 10 Refused To Be Ripped???

6 in 10 owners still live in their first HDB flat: Khaw

POSTED: 31 Dec 2014 10:00

SINGAPORE: Six in 10 existing owners of 900,000 Housing and Development Board (HDB) flats in Singapore continue to live in their first flat, which is "remarkably high", said National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan in a blogpost on Wednesday (Dec 31).

Of the 26 HDB towns and estates, Tanjong Pagar/Chinatown/Bugis had the highest percentage of owners still living in their first flat, at 77 per cent. Other high scorers include Marine Parade (74 per cent), Kallang/Whampoa (68 per cent) and Bukit Timah/Geylang (67 per cent), Mr Khaw wrote.

"Not surprisingly, the attractions of (central) location and comprehensive facilities make most owners living in mature estates decide to stay put," he said.

The minister added that for most Singaporeans, the first flat is also their first home, and that "occupies a special place" in their hearts as it is where they built their families, brought up their children and have their network of neighbours and close friends.

"In Singapore, we are unique because of HDB and its highly successful 'Home Ownership for the People Scheme' which entered its 50th anniversary this year. Home owners, unlike tenants, largely stay put in one place," Mr Khaw wrote. "The stability allows us to build deep community ties and lasting friendship and memories."

With the knowledge that the majority of Singaporeans will want to live in their first HDB flat for most, if not all, of their lives, Mr Khaw said the ministry will "put in our best" to make all HDB towns "endearing" and all flats a "lovely home".

"This is our promise. This is our pledge," he wrote.

- CNA/kk
------------------------------
SOOOOOO NOble hor... Give that abc a $8 Noble Award!
Soooo self consoling for a job badly done!

------------------------------
Of cos Tanjong Pagar/Chinatown/Bugis had the highest percentage la... these are the pioneers that built the nation with sweat and blood. Those days flats cost <$10k. Now the same flats in these areas are >$500k. They wanna move also scared cannot afford.

But since these are PRIME LANDS, they don't wanna move also will kena booted out sooner or later.