Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 19-09-2015, 10:55 AM   #31
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
My area after election, now going to build electronic parking system. Do we consider this good or bad?
Good my area EPS just built not long, and many motorbike now enjoy free parking by turning into the void deck , footpath, etc. Sheltered parking and yet free. Just "a little bit" noisy when they passed by the void deck from this block to the other block, as you can hear from even upstair.

More ppl got employed to stay around the eps system to ensure it will not breakdown. Last time now onli 1 parking attendant patrolling round, now a team of them staying there. Employment up.

So good or not leh?
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 10:57 AM   #32
menthol28
Dragon

Quote:
My area after election, now going to build electronic parking system. Do we consider this good or bad?
EPS is being implemented in whole of Singapore regardless whether your area is opposition or PAP. It has been going on for past 2-3 years alrdy. Even if don't implement EPS, parking is also not free. So what is your grouse? You talked like Singapore gov only recently start chargng parking fees.
So is parking free at Aljunied and hougang constituency?

Last edited by menthol28; 19-09-2015 at 11:09 AM.
menthol28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 11:17 AM   #33
AngryMan
Senior Dragon

Since when I talked like Singapore gov only recently start charging parking fees.. As I don't drive, just merely asking a question, anything wrong with that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menthol28 View Post
EPS is being implemented in whole of Singapore regardless whether your area is opposition or PAP. It has been going on for past 2-3 years alrdy. Even if don't implement EPS, parking is also not free. So what is your grouse? You talked like Singapore gov only recently start chargng parking fees.
So is parking free at Aljunied and hougang constituency?
AngryMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 11:22 AM   #34
LauLanChu
Dragon

System implementing quite a while already in stages. Is good it save people's time tearing coupon and prevent cheating. As for resouces to maintain I am not sure is more or less, you still cannot anyhow park like in red lot or handicapped lot as you would still get fine. People maintain the gantry and parking warden before after still the same? One of the cons is when gantry breakdown you don't get immediate attention resulting in long jam of traffic.
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #35
LauLanChu
Dragon

Quote:
Since when I talked like Singapore gov only recently start charging parking fees.. As I don't drive, just merely asking a question, anything wrong with that statement.
I think he means don't attribute every changes to result of election.
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #36
Guppies Onli
Dragon

System is good but can be improved much better. Penalised those who beat the system.
Old 19-09-2015, 12:35 PM   #37
xersion
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
System is good but can be improved much better. Penalised those who beat the system.
System is good just that it causes a long que in the morning as in front of the exit is a traffic light... As for the bike, u feedback many times to TC but no actions take...
If actions is take I cfm all won't Park under void deck anymore as the fine is quite heavy

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
xersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 02:14 PM   #38
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xersion View Post
System is good just that it causes a long que in the morning as in front of the exit is a traffic light... As for the bike, u feedback many times to TC but no actions take...
If actions is take I cfm all won't Park under void deck anymore as the fine is quite heavy

That's why I said can be improved. Actually they can put sensors like ERP at footpath, void deck where bikes usually go thru, once sensed, they will be fined.
Old 19-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #39
xersion
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
That's why I said can be improved. Actually they can put sensors like ERP at footpath, void deck where bikes usually go thru, once sensed, they will be fined.
Fine no use... Wheel clamp them

xersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #40
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xersion View Post
Fine no use... Wheel clamp them

How to wheel clamp when Rambutan said cannot expect police to be everywhere? Easy answer for not solving a problem.