Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 01-10-2015, 06:56 PM   #71
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris View Post
I think I have already spent more than a million bringing up 4 kids and will probably spend more in future until they are independent. It's not cheap bringing up a child today.
Wow bro, if u got this money to spend, meaning u ok one la
I agree is not cheap to bring up a kid nowadays, specially if u want to give them the best u could afford...
ThomasLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #72
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
I think I have already spent more than a million bringing up 4 kids and will probably spend more in future until they are independent. It's not cheap bringing up a child today.
Wow bro, if u have spent $250000 on 1kid. It means you are earning alot and really spending. I dun spend as much as not enough money. If u really calculate, we may spend only $500k to raise 1of them in 20yrs.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:23 PM   #73
jwhtan
Barney

My elder son school fees now is abt $100K over 4 years (dentistry), not counting expenses.
If we take $250K total, then $150K for the first 20 years is $7500 per year, which is $625+ a month.
Not too sure as didn't really calculate over the long term but doesn't really look enough.
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:25 PM   #74
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
My elder son school fees now is abt $100K over 4 years (dentistry), not counting expenses.
If we take $250K total, then $150K for the first 20 years is $7500 per year, which is $625+ a month.
Not too sure as didn't really calculate over the long term but doesn't really look enough.
Another Wow for me. Bro u also can $100K for 4 years course ok la but why the expense is $150K? Meaning $37.5K per year for the expense. That is quite a lot if is local... Or it is the norm for nowadays? I start to sweat liao as it will be my turn in another few years time when my elder daughter reaches that level
Old 01-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #75
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
Wow bro, if u have spent $250000 on 1kid. It means you are earning alot and really spending. I dun spend as much as not enough money. If u really calculate, we may spend only $500k to raise 1of them in 20yrs.
Bro, so u spend $500K to raise your kid base on your calculation? Wow
Old 01-10-2015, 10:00 PM   #76
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Thumbs up

Quote:
Bro, you are one model dad
A lot of effort & sacrifices.
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:38 PM   #77
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLim View Post
Bro, so u spend $500K to raise your kid base on your calculation? Wow
This figure was given to me by my financial advisor from GE when she present to me how much is needed to raise and send a kid to school. I told her I think $240000 is enough when actually I haven even calculated. Till now I never even think about it, but school fees, alone, is eating $700 from my pay. So I think her calculation is near when u calculate higher education into it. Or she over state the figure to pursuit me to buy a policy?

Who has even calculated the actual figure? Maybe can share.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:45 AM   #78
Aris
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart73 View Post
Bro, you are one model dad
A lot of effort & sacrifices.
I have never really look at it that way as there are plenty of rewards and intangibles I received in return from my kids.

Believe me, there will be more I need to fork out in the coming years until the last one complete his studies and become independent.
Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:58 AM   #79
CheckerBox
Dragon

More subsidies means higher profit for service providers. But where does all the money for subsidies come from? ...... Taxpayers!

So the notion of more subsidies means more affordability is not entirely true in Singapore's context.
CheckerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:56 AM   #80
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Or go around to North Beach Road, there's a MSCP next to the Police Post. Quite easy to get parking there.
U mean North Bridge Road near the hawker centre there?
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote