Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 05-02-2016, 08:46 AM   #21
dazmario
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyist View Post
maybe she does not want NCMP because there is no pay ?
1500 per month as NCMP?
dazmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:52 AM   #22
AroHong

AFC Member

I think MPS and NCMPS are not paid a salary. Instead they are paid 'allowances'.
This is intentional, allowing MPS to be employed in another job for additional income.
If I'm not wrong most ruling party MPS have jobs in government controlled entities or entities that government wants to control.
Eg. NTUC, SHRI etc.
AroHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:09 AM   #23
CBTG
Dragon

Actually , did Ms Lilian write an official letter to infd she not pickup job ? Or now the trend is just tell everyone I resign the job. Ask boss to see face bk or multi media then calculate the pay and credit into account no.?
CBTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:18 AM   #24
jwhtan
Barney

If u got offered a job but u dun take the job offer, must write in officially ?

Haven't take the job also must resign ?

Genius
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:22 AM   #25
AlvinLeong
Dragon

LLL all the while been saying she will not take up the NCMP role from the moment the GE results of Punggol east was announced.
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:08 PM   #26
CBTG
Dragon

Ya hor, how come she telling people she is not picking up a job that she is not offer !
CBTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:44 PM   #27
jwhtan
Barney

are u plain dumb ? as the highest defeated candidate in the last elections, she was offered a NCMP post but she doesn't want to take it up

something so simple also dun understand or pretend to dun understand and anyhow troll ??

either u r plain stupid or pretend to be stupid .......
Old 05-02-2016, 01:48 PM   #28
jwhtan
Barney

Default WP's Daniel Goh declared third NCMP

http://www.straitstimes.com/politics...red-third-ncmp

Workers' Party (WP) central executive council member Daniel Goh has been declared the third Non-Constituency MP (NCMP) elected to Parliament by the Elections Department.
Dr Goh, 42, an associate professor of sociology at the National University of Singapore, was on the four-man WP slate that contested East Coast GRC in last September's General Election.
He fills the seat that was offered to, but turned down by, the WP's former Punggol East MP Lee Li Lian.
She was offered the NCMP seat as the losing opposition candidate with the highest vote share.

In a statement yesterday, the Elections Department said that after Parliament declared Ms Lee's NCMP seat vacant on Jan 29 and that it be filled,
Returning Officer Ng Wai Choong wrote to the WP's East Coast GRC team on Tuesday.
He asked the team to decide who would take up the seat, and it decided on Dr Goh and replied to the Elections Department yesterday.

Last Friday , the WP moved a motion in Parliament for the NCMP seat to be declared vacant and to have it filled.
During a debate lasting nearly two hours, MPs from the People's Action Party (PAP) and WP locked horns over the principles of the NCMP scheme and the WP's motives in wanting to fill the seat despite its opposition to the scheme.
The motion, amended by the PAP and which in part referred to the WP's political manoeuvring to fill the seat, was passed by the House -
although the WP abstained as it objected to the amendment.

Dr Goh will join two other NCMPs from the WP. They are consultancy firm chief executive Leon Perera, 45, who was in the WP's East Coast team;
and shipping lawyer Dennis Tan, 45, who stood in single-seat Fengshan constituency.

In a post on his Facebook page yesterday, Dr Goh said it "is my privilege to be elected as NCMP and to serve my country in Parliament.
"I don't think I can sleep tonight; I know this is a grave responsibility and I will give it my best in the coming years.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:52 PM   #29
AlvinLeong
Dragon

The results in most of the opposition held wards at the last GE were announced very late so when the result of Punggol East was announced, WP and LLL know she will be offered the NCMP as the best losing candidate.

That's why she said during an interview after the results was announced, she WILL NOT take up the NCMP role IF she was offered the role.

Catch the ball? Or only see whatever PAP say is correct nia?
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote