Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Closed Thread

Old 27-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #91
yanki2
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiomad
lazy buggers....

but hoonestly, not doing chin ups isnt a problem.....

haha thanks thats why so fat
Old 27-12-2005, 03:27 PM   #92
radiomad
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanki2
haha thanks thats why so fat
he he.... when fat and with the hump, rays look like a flat disc balancing on a ball (ie the tummy)....
Old 27-12-2005, 03:33 PM   #93
aquaticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1KARMANN
MERRY christmas to all ray keeper and let us all learn more and share our info in the new year

i put siporex and efisubstrate in my external filters

and put a fairly new product called polyfilter in my internal filters its great stuff and removes everything but is very expencive and need to be changed every 3-4 weeks
Indeed all the good stuffs in your filter system. I personally like siporax, guess it's one of the best sera has produced.

As for the polyfilter, it is reusable. Just recharge it in saltwater if you are using it in freshwater and vice vesa

Old 27-12-2005, 09:53 PM   #94
brygd

Smile Shedding of stinger

hi T1KARMANN, i was doing some research and reading up on ray-keeping before i decide to get it and according to the website www.freshwaterstingray.nl, rays shed their stinger every 3 to 6 months, if i were to comm the ray with my aro, wouldnt it be dangerous for the stinger to be lying around in case my aro thot its food? (assuming the ray is not aggressive towards the aro)

thank you in advance!!

Old 27-12-2005, 11:57 PM   #95
T1KARMANN

Quote:
Originally Posted by brygd
hi T1KARMANN, i was doing some research and reading up on ray-keeping before i decide to get it and according to the website www.freshwaterstingray.nl, rays shed their stinger every 3 to 6 months, if i were to comm the ray with my aro, wouldnt it be dangerous for the stinger to be lying around in case my aro thot its food? (assuming the ray is not aggressive towards the aro)

thank you in advance!!
their is no problem with the sting just remove it from the tank when you find them

the rays will have 2 x stings at the time when they are near ready to drop their old sting

Old 27-12-2005, 11:59 PM   #96
liquidnoise

My ray and aro have been together pretty long. so far all the sting didnt hurt my aro. and i have nber seen my aro trying to eat the sting

Old 28-12-2005, 12:00 AM   #97
T1KARMANN

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticus
Indeed all the good stuffs in your filter system. I personally like siporax, guess it's one of the best sera has produced.

As for the polyfilter, it is reusable. Just recharge it in saltwater if you are using it in freshwater and vice vesa
the polyfilter changes color when its dead each color means it has removed different stuff from the water

the good thing about it is that it wont release the dirt back into the tank even if you squeeze it unlike other filter floss

i have never tryed to recharge it and i dont think it will turn it white again

Old 28-12-2005, 12:01 AM   #98
liquidnoise

T1karmann., i just made a new tank but the seller of 3 x ray wanna get rid soon. Lets say 1 wk to make tank how long to cycle the tank?

Old 28-12-2005, 01:33 AM   #99
brygd

Smile

Thank you once again T1KARMANN and Liquidnose for your advise and input, will most prob get 1 sometime this week!! cheers!!

btw has anybody tried mixing ray with pleco (12in) and rtg (16in)? kinda worried that the pleco will suck at the ray, also have been so used to changing water direct from tapwater (20%), will it be advisable to carry on this way when the ray is around?

Last edited by brygd; 28-12-2005 at 01:54 AM.

Old 28-12-2005, 02:22 AM   #100
radiomad
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brygd
Thank you once again T1KARMANN and Liquidnose for your advise and input, will most prob get 1 sometime this week!! cheers!!

btw has anybody tried mixing ray with pleco (12in) and rtg (16in)? kinda worried that the pleco will suck at the ray, also have been so used to changing water direct from tapwater (20%), will it be advisable to carry on this way when the ray is around?
rays,aros and gars make good tankmates with each other. Pleco on the other hand depends on case to case... some bros here have had good results with their plecos living harmoniously with the rays. Others had the disc 'sucked' upon.... so it really depends on the character of yr ray and pleco. you could try but be vigilant to move it out should any disc 'sucking' occurs....
Closed Thread