Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 27-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #11
the_r0ck

Very good scaping. What I particularly adore is the hardscape. Very good choice and placement of rocks and wood.

BTW, bottom right area, there seems to be a hole. Is that on purpose or do you intend to fill it up more?
Old 27-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #12
gyjd
Arofanatic

wow, i always envy u guys who can create such a nice scape!!
thanx for sharing.
gyjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2009, 11:57 PM   #13
Shad0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r0ck View Post
BTW, bottom right area, there seems to be a hole. Is that on purpose or do you intend to fill it up more?
it is not a whole, it just that the flah does not reach that area. It is actually a moss tied to the driftwood
Old 28-10-2009, 01:05 AM   #14
pinkspid3r
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0w View Post
I have the cheapo brand one from viclite -> http://www.viclite.com/aqlight.htm
The light HQI bulb I use WGNLITE -> http://www.geocities.jp/watergrassnet/catalog.html

I turn the PL for 8 hours and MH for 4 hours. In other word 1hrs PL only -> 6 hours MH and PL together -> 1hrs PL only
thanks bro. really enjoy ur scape alot
pinkspid3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:17 PM   #15
ben loh
Arofanatic

is a master piece, how long it take u to plant this tank...
ben loh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #16
Shad0w

That difficult to answer. The longest part is collecting the material, wood and stones. Once the material ready, planting is very fast. However is it not one time setup and finish. I did modification couple of times along the way. Mainly changing some plants. For example the hairgrass behind, it was initially E.tennelus but E.tennelus curve down so it look weird . The C.wentii 'brown' on the right was added later to smooth the transition between E.tennelus and Rotalla sp green. etc

The age of the setup is around one year. Have to tear down because the bracing give away . Well what you expect, I got the tank FOC from neighbor
Old 09-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #17
thomas-seah
Arofanatic

waaaaah !!! u guys here r so creative, cannot tarhan liao !!!
very very nice scape bro. did u ever use white background before ? wonder if it'll become eyesore when algae/dirt appeared on it.
i just got 1 with black background, feel like changing to white 1 after looking at yours.
thomas-seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #18
Shad0w

The only algae on the glass is green spot algae, difficult to prevent it but easy to remove. Use old credit card to scape it off. I'm assuming your tank made from glass.

And if your tank have many red color plant, in my opinion black would be better.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #19
thomas-seah
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0w View Post
The only algae on the glass is green spot algae, difficult to prevent it but easy to remove. Use old credit card to scape it off. I'm assuming your tank made from glass.

And if your tank have many red color plant, in my opinion black would be better.
tks for your advice bro. mine is a 422 glass tank. i'm going for green plants only. btw r u able to tell if the white will turn yellowish in a long run ?
at first i've locked my mind to have black background but now considering of the white 1 all bcos of u.
thomas-seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #20
Shad0w

Not sure about turning yellow because mine is not actually stick to the glass. So I can change whenever I want, white, black or blue. It is just plastic, you won't see it on the photo