Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 02-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #41
marshy

Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiokmc View Post
hahaha now im in SEARCH of lil LeoHen pups to join my 4-Some MUST hav lil PawPRINTS !!!!!!!! so Cute n Poisonous hahhahaa
You looking for paw prints? See the right pc below!

marshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #42
uluaking

Try to share my knowledge how to identify good breed as follows:

Leo aka P13..... have different grades we are talking about .... and from my past records of photos keeping from young till adult .... Leo is the most difficult to judge and transformation is a great difference...

For example... A very high grade leo ....

Become a normal grade Leo.... after a few months...

2nd Example.... a slightly lower grade leo when young

Become a big spotted Leo when adult....

3rd example..... from a good grade leo

to a Ti spotted Leo....

Old 02-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #43
marshy

Senior Moderator

Gene

You have really shown damn good examples!
marshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #44
uluaking

Continue.....

Leo grows and develop in different stages..... an their spots is changing drastically ..... thus by choosing a leo .... it is best to be at least 6 inches and above to determine which grade the leo is in ....

P13 variant aka BD ....

Black diamond is actually another variant of P13 but much more higher grades with skirt spotting and under belly spottings.... Grades are determined as Big spotted types, Eclispe type, Thousand island type .... One point distinctively different from Leo.... BD Spot will never fade .... and will grow as it become bigger ....

Big spotted BD ...

Eclispe BD

Ti BD

Even higher grades consist of at least 2 of the above grades ....

For example .... Eclispe with Big spot .... and Ti.... 2 layers of skirting spots and full belly spottings...

Old 02-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #45
Gigas
Dragon

poison upon poison

Lovely rays and we all have not enough space to keep the rays we want

I think the only to know how the pups will turn out is if you can see the parents....without that...it is purely luck of the draw
Gigas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #46
uluaking

Continue.....

P14... have 2 grades .... a norma galaxy or royal galaxy ....

Not sure about how to grade them as i am trying to own a pair though ... no budget ... From my limited experience on grading.... a normal P14 spot is generally smaller but whereas the Royal galaxy spots are generally bigger and much more... Like the Leo ... Galaxy had a couple of transformation stages .... first 2 stages will not be able to determine the grade till the last stages .... often seeing the pups are of superb quality but in the end ... the spots started to become smaller when it grows bigger ....

A Normal P14 Galaxy ....

A Royal P14 Galaxy ....

Old 02-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #47
uluaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy View Post
Gene

You have really shown damn good examples!
Thank you boss, trying to share and educate our fellow rays keeper in our community based on my limited knowledge of identification ...
Old 02-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #48
uluaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigas View Post
poison upon poison

Lovely rays and we all have not enough space to keep the rays we want

I think the only to know how the pups will turn out is if you can see the parents....without that...it is purely luck of the draw
Agreed with you but not entirely it is dependent on the parentage .... like i have bought one batch of leo from the same parentage ..... 3 of them become TI leo ..... left one is normal 321 spot .... but all from the same parentage
Old 02-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #49
uluaking

Henlei ..... is another type of Black rays ... most of the Henlei spotting tends to be yellowish to creamy colors.... very hard to find Henlei with white spottings and thus classified as higher grade Henlei..... brother Marshy and a few brothers here should be able to show a pic of very nice Henlei Rays with no difficulties....

Leo Henlei ..... are black SP rays .... with a mixture of Leo X Henlei ....

There is no actual P number for Leo henlei.... but Leo henleis breed are one of the most special SP rays I personally think is worth keeping ....Leo Henleis are very common spotting like the Black Diamond rays .... except that their spots are more of a creamy white color rather than pure white like the Black Diamonds.... initially the pups will not show outstanding creamy white but rather fade brownish spot with a light brown base..... Bu when it started to grow big.... the base darken to almost black and the spot become creamy white or some even to the extend of white spots.... belly spotting should have on the Leo Henlei ....

When about 5 inches....

Now 17inches....

Old 02-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #50
AroBM
Arofanatic

Well explanation with photo .... kudos to bro uluaking..
I like most of the black rays .. coz the black & white contrast is stunning
AroBM is offline   Reply With Quote