Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 02-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #71
atan
Dragon

Nice setup bro!

But just out of curiosity, is the a reason why you placed your US Fissiden meshes randomly?
atan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #72
patson77

Default re

hahaaha.. ya i knw its a waste of electricity, jus trying to do sort of load test on the chiller which i just got.
As for the rocks, most likely will change to dragon rocks, which i had one and tested. Not much of a rise in the kh and gh. The shrimps is another test cos i using the shrimps as commandos to test out my other water parameters etc. will not be adding others till i get the kh and gh rite
Plants... haiz if they cant flourish so let it be, most imptly i wanted the tank to be good for my future CRS. if the plants die, will replace them wif lots of fern maybe whole carpet of us fissiden.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #73
patson77

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by atan View Post
Nice setup bro!

But just out of curiosity, is the a reason why you placed your US Fissiden meshes randomly?
No specified ans cos the corner i had is for the fissiden. So jus chuck them there loh. Anything wrong?
Old 02-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #74
atan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patson77 View Post
No specified ans cos the corner i had is for the fissiden. So jus chuck them there loh. Anything wrong?
Nothing wrong actually. If you want a nice lawn of US Fissiden (as in a full carpet), try to lay them nicely about 1-1.5cm apart. I can see a lot of irregular gaps in between them. Just kapo kapo only.

Cos when they really grow, they will only grow out of the mesh by a bit but not that I know of it will spread. Correct me if I'm wrong as this is whats happening to mine.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #75
patson77

Quote:
Nothing wrong actually. If you want a nice lawn of US Fissiden (as in a full carpet), try to lay them nicely about 1-1.5cm apart. I can see a lot of irregular gaps in between them. Just kapo kapo only.

Cos when they really grow, they will only grow out of the mesh by a bit but not that I know of it will spread. Correct me if I'm wrong as this is whats happening to mine.
Oh issit. K I ltr go space them out. But like that siao liao cos not enuf, mus order again. Can sent me a poto of ur fissiden, simply love them
Old 02-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #76
atan
Dragon

Quote:
Oh issit. K I ltr go space them out. But like that siao liao cos not enuf, mus order again. Can sent me a poto of ur fissiden, simply love them
Check your PM, I've sent you the photos for my explanation on the above and for your visual understanding.

Hope the photo helps.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #77
cheetf
Dragon

Quote:

A new plant given by my fren - wat plant is this? looks like a rose. so beautiful

It's water lettuce. The rotting roots can be annoying.
cheetf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #78
Heuer
Dragon

U r going to lose a lot of CO2
Heuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #79
patson77

Default Journey of my tank undergoing recycle

Quote:
Check your PM, I've sent you the photos for my explanation on the above and for your visual understanding.

Hope the photo helps.
Wow yr fissiden very nice... any infos to share the mini fissiden? growth rate etc?
Old 02-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #80
patson77

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
U r going to lose a lot of CO2
Noted. Understand that surface agitation will disperse the CO2 i injected.

No choice, cant have the best of both world. Why i put this in
1) By having the wavemaker, all the shrimps are flying.
2) off the wavemaker and the water movement is not there
3) Currently my atman 1200 is supporting both filration and chiller, suction power decreases.

Presently looking to DIY some tray like stuff to extend the output so that it can touch the water so as not to lose too much CO2.