Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 11:53 PM   #131
LTL
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmike View Post
dun need very big space if keep 1 or 2. mine only in a 2ft guppy tank.

can la. juz nice below my froggies is my turtle tank. i use turtle water to wet my hands then handle my froggies.
hmm... 2ft tank keep 1 adult just right... but if keep 2 abit hard la.... me tinking of keeping a small colony of 5-6... maybe can breed..

turtle water also not tat clean leh... hahahha... their tank water gets dirty the fastest...
Old 01-01-2007, 11:55 PM   #132
Occellatus
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
our hands have lots of toxins, esp "oil", which is bad for the frogs... try experimenting that on the feeder frogs loh... can see a big difference in the mortality rates..

Thanks but no thanks............
Old 02-01-2007, 12:06 AM   #133
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
hmm... 2ft tank keep 1 adult just right... but if keep 2 abit hard la.... me tinking of keeping a small colony of 5-6... maybe can breed..

turtle water also not tat clean leh... hahahha... their tank water gets dirty the fastest...
5-6 at least need 4-5ft tank liao. mayb can do a 5x2x3 tank for them then can put in some potted plants, large DW n BW. will be very nice. use 6-8 mm glass can liao. then have an area for water maybe with 2" -3" height should be enough. im thinking of cutting a small piece of arcylic and sticking it in the tank to create a mini pond for my froggies.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:23 AM   #134
new_
Dragon

Quote:
he scared of everything also la... ... dun tink he dare handle the frog's feeders also...

but if he have these frogs, good for them also... not good to handle frogs with hands...
he also dun feed the feeder frogs himself 1...

Quote:

u wanna keep so mani ar.. not scared of the smell??? after hearing tat they got smell i abit change my mind liao...
Old 02-01-2007, 12:35 AM   #135
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_ View Post

u wanna keep so mani ar.. not scared of the smell??? after hearing tat they got smell i abit change my mind liao...
dun worry la bro. if u maintain their tank properly wun have smell de. mine since i setup till now only 1st day got smell. if u scared smell add something to remove the smell lor. for me i add the cat litter is to remove smell de. now no smell. keep la.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:37 AM   #136
new_
Dragon

Quote:
dun worry la bro. if u maintain their tank properly wun have smell de. mine since i setup till now only 1st day got smell. if u scared smell add something to remove the smell lor. for me i add the cat litter is to remove smell de. now no smell. keep la.
but the maintainance is quite a hassle leh.. must take out all the stones and wash and replace the cat litter... but dont need to use anything to keep the froggies skin moist???
Old 02-01-2007, 12:47 AM   #137
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
but the maintainance is quite a hassle leh.. must take out all the stones and wash and replace the cat litter... but dont need to use anything to keep the froggies skin moist???
water in the tank lor. if u scared ma fan can just keep the bottom water. that was what the LFS did. like keep feeders like this. but must provide a BW with more branches for them lor. so they can rest on the BW. gravel is put to look nicer nia. i think even if without gravels with only cat litter also no prob. one of the site i posted the guy only keep his frog with kitchen towel base.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:51 AM   #138
new_
Dragon

Quote:
water in the tank lor. if u scared ma fan can just keep the bottom water. that was what the LFS did. like keep feeders like this. but must provide a BW with more branches for them lor. so they can rest on the BW. gravel is put to look nicer nia. i think even if without gravels with only cat litter also no prob. one of the site i posted the guy only keep his frog with kitchen towel base.
i also read tat can just keep with cat litter..... abit expensive leh... hope price will drop...
Old 02-01-2007, 12:56 AM   #139
LTL
Senior Dragon

Quote:

if tank big. smell will not be a big problem... but to commit a 4-5ft tank for frogs, need alot of thinking and persuasion...

Quote:
i also read tat can just keep with cat litter..... abit expensive leh... hope price will drop...
think the price for the frogs will drop to below $20 very soon... and maybe stabilise at abt $12-15 next season... just my guess..
Old 02-01-2007, 12:58 AM   #140
new_
Dragon

Quote:
if tank big. smell will not be a big problem... but to commit a 4-5ft tank for frogs, need alot of thinking and persuasion...

think the price for the frogs will drop to below $20 very soon... and maybe stabilise at abt $12-15 next season... just my guess..
i also hope ur guess is correct then i will go n buy straight!!
Closed Thread