Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #331
DraVen

thanx lostboi. but i think that my cpo are having problems moulting. i've already lost two cpo already and it seems that my third is having problem already. keep hidding in the hole, and curling up it's body, same as my first casualty.
ps my two cpo has not been moulting for i think one week plus already....

Old 04-02-2009, 06:00 AM   #332
LostBoI
Endangered Dragon

my itchy finger addition which i just bought from c328....wasnt shopping for cpo but this guy color is pretty intense and was standing out in the tank so i bought him despite the fact that he have only 1 pinscher which i think will grow back in no time..

Took a pic of my bigger guy whose color improve alot after using the whole mosura series of products for a month

This is him before using mosura products
Old 04-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #333
Santos

Btw a question to ask, I saw my CPO mated and how long would I get to see eggs from the female?

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #334
LostBoI
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santos View Post
Btw a question to ask, I saw my CPO mated and how long would I get to see eggs from the female?

Thanks.
i want to know and am not sure either.... i saw my cpo mate like 3days ago...until now still not berried
Old 06-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #335
numbskull
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoI View Post
i want to know and am not sure either.... i saw my cpo mate like 3days ago...until now still not berried

i dont think they mate means they will get pregnant .... or am i wrong??
Old 06-02-2009, 03:53 AM   #336
NigelN

From my experience with other species (Clarkii and Cherax), just because they mate doesn't mean the female will berry. I've seen my Clarkiis mate on two occasions but no berry. My Cherax, didn't see them mate but one day the female started keeping her tail tightly curled under her body and then after 2 weeks eggs appeared. So I'd say just keep the water quality good, enough food and hiding places and they would do what they naturally do.

Perhaps increasing to two males and two females might increase the chance of mating. Also must be careful not to buy lobsters from the same batch because they most likely are siblings and inbreeding will occur resulting in weak genes and problems with the offspring (same reason why marriage into the family and amongst cousins are frowned up).

Old 06-02-2009, 04:02 AM   #337
Panut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelN View Post
From my experience with other species (Clarkii and Cherax), just because they mate doesn't mean the female will berry. I've seen my Clarkiis mate on two occasions but no berry. My Cherax, didn't see them mate but one day the female started keeping her tail tightly curled under her body and then after 2 weeks eggs appeared. So I'd say just keep the water quality good, enough food and hiding places and they would do what they naturally do.

Perhaps increasing to two males and two females might increase the chance of mating. Also must be careful not to buy lobsters from the same batch because they most likely are siblings and inbreeding will occur resulting in weak genes and problems with the offspring (same reason why marriage into the family and amongst cousins are frowned up).

different batch may also be cousins as the source may be the same.

buy from different shop perhaps?

Old 06-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #338
DraVen

one good way may be placing a couple in a small area, where they got no place to hide.

i was revamping my tank two nights ago and i left my couple in a disposable plastic container. i think they were getting it on within five min. either they really wanted it, or the male was too strong already hahaa

Old 06-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #339
numbskull
Arofanatic

can mix CPO with cherry???
Old 07-02-2009, 12:42 AM   #340
Panut

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
can mix CPO with cherry???
IMHO

can but ensure there is place to hide. CPO can harm the cherry.

but if possible try not to comm them.

Closed Thread