Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 15-01-2009, 12:53 AM   #61
highlander_den

Quote:
Originally Posted by .S1 View Post
Yo All,

Just to share my collection.

Cheers,
S1
Quote:
Yo All,

Here to share.

Btw, this guy loves to eat the Geophagus.

Cheers,
S1
Wah, they do have a solid blue on their bodies. Nice~
Old 15-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #62
.S1
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by S T HO View Post
Hi bro,
Very nice. Where can I get them and how much? Are they very expensive?
Thanks for sharing.
There are many variants of blue colours. I love this deep blue version too. This piece I caught it at the Reservoir.

Around $10+ for 8" and above, you can find this too at Bukit Timah Wet Market (beside Toh Yi). There is a small aquarium stall near the toilet within the wet market. Tell the stall owner and he can get for you.

Cheers,
S1

Last edited by .S1; 15-01-2009 at 11:15 AM.
.S1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #63
Eric_kwa

Quote:
Hi bro,
Very nice. Where can I get them and how much? Are they very expensive?
Thanks for sharing.
Bro, saw some at Y618 & C328.
C328 got an pair male & female.
Old 15-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #64
S T HO

Quote:
There are many variants of blue colours. I love this deep blue version too. This piece I caught it at the Reservoir.

Around $10+ for 8" and above, you can find this too at Bukit Timah Wet Market (beside Toh Yi). There is a small aquarium stall near the toilet within the wet market. Tell the stall owner and he can get for you.

Cheers,
S1
Hi, I roughly know the location. I will ask for smaller ones. Thanks.
Old 15-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #65
S T HO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_kwa View Post
Bro, saw some at Y618 & C328.
C328 got an pair male & female.
Many thanks. Went to C328 yesterday, saw 4 pcs in the small tanks beside the packing aunty. Each cost $25 ( about 3 inches). 2 pcs light blue and 2 pcs darker blue. ( don't know whether because they are very stressed ) Saw 2pcs orange color in the betta tank sitting on the floor. Each cost $10 ( about 3 " ).
Old 16-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #66
Eric_kwa

Quote:
Many thanks. Went to C328 yesterday, saw 4 pcs in the small tanks beside the packing aunty. Each cost $25 ( about 3 inches). 2 pcs light blue and 2 pcs darker blue. ( don't know whether because they are very stressed ) Saw 2pcs orange color in the betta tank sitting on the floor. Each cost $10 ( about 3 " ).
Bro, help you to ID them:

Each cost $25 Cherax blue moon ( about 3 inches) one male & two female. 2 pcs light blue young Cherax destructor and 2 pcs darker blue Cherax quadricarinatus. ( don't know whether because they are very stressed ) Saw 2pcs orange color Cherax holthuisi in the betta tank sitting on the floor. Each cost $10 ( about 3 " ).[/QUOTE]

Hope it help you.
Old 18-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #67
S T HO

Quote:

Each cost $25 Cherax blue moon ( about 3 inches) one male & two female. 2 pcs light blue young Cherax destructor and 2 pcs darker blue Cherax quadricarinatus. ( don't know whether because they are very stressed ) Saw 2pcs orange color Cherax holthuisi in the betta tank sitting on the floor. Each cost $10 ( about 3 " ).
Hope it help you.[/QUOTE]

Wa... thanks for the the species 's name. Still considering new set up to keep them.
Old 20-01-2009, 07:13 AM   #68
Gus
Dragon

Smile

No worry our water is already full of redcray i'm just adding in redswamp it dun make much diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander_den View Post
Oh bro, you might do some damage to the eco system by release them in the wild, I thought
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #69
Eric_kwa

dont worry lah, our foreign workers from China & India has did an well balance of number by fishing & trapping them for food.

They do taste good when in BBQ that i try in Thailand.
Old 22-01-2009, 03:00 AM   #70
NigelN

Quote:

Each cost $25 Cherax blue moon ( about 3 inches) one male & two female. 2 pcs light blue young Cherax destructor and 2 pcs darker blue Cherax quadricarinatus. ( don't know whether because they are very stressed ) Saw 2pcs orange color Cherax holthuisi in the betta tank sitting on the floor. Each cost $10 ( about 3 " ).
Hope it help you.[/QUOTE]

Hi bro, the Blue Moons cost $18 each. I bought them. There are two pieces of some cherax species, black base colour with purple/reddish(like rust)/white spots, looks a bit like stars in the milky way. Those cost $25.

Also, anyone saw the HUGE blue lobster near the entrance? Look at the floor tanks where they sell the red clarkiis and zebras/holthuisis. Directly above them (lowest tier of water-filled fish tanks), on the extreme right. Huge lobster, I think close to 1 foot in size. No kidding! You need to use your entire hand to grab him; your thumb and index finger just isn't enough! Retailing at $98.