Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 09-06-2004, 07:46 PM   #11
arserulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baruku
Did you pull it out of the valve?!!! If so, you really have made a big mistake.

When you meet this kind of accident, the very first thing to do is to turn the tap to close position (if your u-shape arm has a tap knob) or immediately bend your water hose, this will immediately stop the sucking force and the fish will be released from the valve.

I've met this kind of accident before. The bubble of my poor bubble-eye get sucked and that moment I was too "kan cheong" and immediately pulled the water hose up!! The bubble thus burst! Luckily it grow back...

Yours looks very serious! It might get infected very easily. Do take good care of it. Wish you good luck!....

bro i didnt pull it out of the valve. the whole goldie was stuck IN the valve, not only the tail. i did what u said, which is to close the tap knob.... BAD MISTAKE. i believe it was the tap which "chopped off" the tail.... if i hadnt turn it to "off" the fish wld only have been stuck there, and all i had to do is to on the water supply and flush the fella out... the thing was that i didnt know whether it was stuck there or already in the floor trap also. only after i bring the hose to the toilet then i know what happened.

what i did was turn the tap to "off" to prevent water frm dripping on the floor, bring the hose to the toilet, then turn it on n flush him out..... really regret. shld have juz flushed him out into the tank.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:49 PM   #12
heroluvdisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by arserulez
bro i didnt pull it out of the valve. the whole goldie was stuck IN the valve, not only the tail. i did what u said, which is to close the tap knob.... BAD MISTAKE. i believe it was the tap which "chopped off" the tail.... if i hadnt turn it to "off" the fish wld only have been stuck there, and all i had to do is to on the water supply and flush the fella out... the thing was that i didnt know whether it was stuck there or already in the floor trap also. only after i bring the hose to the toilet then i know what happened.

what i did was turn the tap to "off" to prevent water frm dripping on the floor, bring the hose to the toilet, then turn it on n flush him out..... really regret. shld have juz flushed him out into the tank.
arz,

wow see the pic really scary siaz...
it muz ve been very pain i believed....
Old 09-06-2004, 09:59 PM   #13
monsterz1975

Bro feel sad for u.Hope it recoved . My friend aro tail got broke off but it manage to grow back.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:39 PM   #14
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

woah...seem very serious lei...can see its backbone le lei... kao... my worst exprience is my birchir got sucked into the hose den very cute come out de other end..bud nv die...hengheng..
WiNd.feNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 11:09 PM   #15
RBT

looks bad.same thing happened to me except fish got stuck sideways,it was dead the next morning.sianzzzzz
Old 10-06-2004, 01:26 AM   #16
arserulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroluvdisc
arz,

wow see the pic really scary siaz...
it muz ve been very pain i believed....
bro i oso think it muz have hurt like mad...
Old 10-06-2004, 01:28 AM   #17
arserulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterz1975
Bro feel sad for u.Hope it recoved . My friend aro tail got broke off but it manage to grow back.
yup bro, i know aro tail will grow back, that's y i asking whether this fella tail will grow back or not. or if it can survive w/o tail....

i also hope it will grow back. *keeps fingers crossed*
Old 10-06-2004, 01:30 AM   #18
arserulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNd.feNg
woah...seem very serious lei...can see its backbone le lei... kao... my worst exprience is my birchir got sucked into the hose den very cute come out de other end..bud nv die...hengheng..
bro u really very heng heng.... but maybe cos birchir long n thin mah.... my goldfish too fat then got stuck liao....
Old 10-06-2004, 01:31 AM   #19
arserulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT
looks bad.same thing happened to me except fish got stuck sideways,it was dead the next morning.sianzzzzz
bro, ur gf got stuck where? how come next morning then u find out?
Old 10-06-2004, 01:36 AM   #20
Mitsukake
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by arserulez
bro i using those U-shape thing wif valve that can hang on the side of the tank so the hose wont drop out during water change. u connect ur hose to the U-shape arm.

the goldfish got stuck at the valve.

next time use a net like stuff and die it at the entrance there
it will allow the fish from being suck into it
Mitsukake is offline   Reply With Quote