Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 16-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
bettabetter
Senior Dragon

Default Newbie questions

Hi bros and Sis, I have recently gotten myself a young aro.
After reading through the articles and various threads, I have a few questions.

1) is WTT=white tank tanning?
Issit true that white tank is better for gold an black tank for red? What would happen if we put a red in white tank?

2) i tried feeding it fish. First day it took 3, but the next day, it only ate one the whole day. Issit worth worrying?

3) would my tank be better placed low or high? I have a dog, would placing it high ended up having it looked down often and result in DE?

4) is ktp leaves good for them? Or should I omit that?

5) I read in the article that when "cracks" start to appear on their cheeks, it signals that the colour is developing. May I know more about this?

Thanks so much in advance

Last edited by bettabetter; 16-09-2010 at 04:30 PM.
bettabetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
Riko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettabetter View Post
Hi bros and Sis, I have recently gotten myself a young aro.
After reading through the articles and various threads, I have a few questions.

Share with you on what I know. Sifus please correct me if i am wrong.

1) is WTT=white tank tanning? White Tank Treatment
Issit true that white tank is better for gold an black tank for red? What would happen if we put a red in white tank?

What I know is wtt is they use to help the gold aro to develope their high shine. However, you will unable to see the true quality of an aro. If you put in red aro it will become pale.

2) i tried feeding it fish. First day it took 3, but the next day, it only ate one the whole day. Issit worth worrying?

Not to worry bro as long as you fish is swimming well and continue to feed then it is ok. Just monitor your water parameter and do about 20% wc weekly. The main thing now is to stabilise ur aro with the new environment.

3) would my tank be better placed low or high? I have a dog, would placing it high ended up having it looked down often and result in DE?

The best is from my personnel experienced is to placed at high level. It is not true by keeping aro at bottom will not develope DE as my previous aro did developed DE which was placed at bottom two tier tanks.

4) is ktp leaves good for them? Or should I omit that?

KTP is good to soften the water and to lower ur ph and to develope a brackish environment for ur aro to stabilise. But some dont like to see the water turn yellowish and I am one of them. hehehe...

5) I read in the article that when "cracks" start to appear on their cheeks, it signals that the colour is developing. May I know more about this?

Wah! This one I believe for Red aro and I honestly not good in Ang Leng as I prefer Kim leng. Hehehe... need to ask sifu who r good in this. But from my basic knowledge to develope an aro colour is to tanned the aro and be patience. It takes time.

Thanks so much in advance

Hope i have help to answer some of your question bro. Just my 2cents.

Last edited by Riko; 16-09-2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: change the colour of the font for easier reading.
Old 17-09-2010, 01:59 AM   #3
bettabetter
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riko View Post
1) is WTT=white tank tanning? White Tank Treatment

What I know is wtt is they use to help the gold aro to develope their high shine. However, you will unable to see the true quality of an aro. If you put in red aro it will become pale.
Hope i have help to answer some of your question bro. Just my 2cents.
Thanks so much bro for the info With regard to the above, what about rtg? Would it be better to have white or black tank?
Old 17-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
undertaker_chao

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettabetter View Post
Thanks so much bro for the info With regard to the above, what about rtg? Would it be better to have white or black tank?
i think white would be better for high shine, black would be better for colour intensity... so when young, best to keep in white, and transfer to dark environment when they are more matured... but i think the overall miracle is still tanning and TLC...
Old 17-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
henRee!
Mass Seller - Bettas

Read somewhere in the forum that black shows the true color of your arowana. Hope this helps
henRee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #6
bettabetter
Senior Dragon

Thanks bros for the help!! I will try to change my tank background then
Old 18-09-2010, 01:57 AM   #7
Harvey35
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertaker_chao View Post
i think white would be better for high shine, black would be better for colour intensity... so when young, best to keep in white, and transfer to dark environment when they are more matured... but i think the overall miracle is still tanning and TLC...
hi may i know what is the term TLC?
Harvey35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2010, 02:14 AM   #8
Sanguo
Arofanatic

Smile

TLC= Tender Loving Care!!!!
Sanguo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2010, 02:20 AM   #9
Spakase

TLC is an acronym for "tender loving care". For any pets, TLC is important because they depend entirely on the owner for food, environment and stability. Neglect will show up in the condition of the pet. For aros, one need to maintain the dose of TLC constantly in order to keep the aro at it's peak, in our busy lives and schedules we sometimes tend to neglect them.

If an aro does not eat for a day or two, it is fine, although perfectly healthy specimens would find it difficult to resist food.

DE is very dependent on both the environment as well as the habits of the individual arowana. A tank should be at a reasonable height for the owner to be able to view and enjoy the fish swimming, placing it too high thus robs the owner of this joy and benefit of ownership.
Old 18-09-2010, 02:24 AM   #10
bettabetter
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
TLC is an acronym for "tender loving care". For any pets, TLC is important because they depend entirely on the owner for food, environment and stability. Neglect will show up in the condition of the pet. For aros, one need to maintain the dose of TLC constantly in order to keep the aro at it's peak, in our busy lives and schedules we sometimes tend to neglect them.

If an aro does not eat for a day or two, it is fine, although perfectly healthy specimens would find it difficult to resist food.

DE is very dependent on both the environment as well as the habits of the individual arowana. A tank should be at a reasonable height for the owner to be able to view and enjoy the fish swimming, placing it too high thus robs the owner of this joy and benefit of ownership.
Thanks bro for the advice, will bear this in mind