Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 17-07-2018, 09:03 PM   #31
NI KI
Arofanatic

Sturridge helping Keita to settle in at Liverpool

Daniel Sturridge has revealed his role in helping £59million new boy Naby Keita settle in at Liverpool.

The striker recently returned to Anfield following a six-month loan stint at relegated West Brom.

And Sturridge has since played a key role behind the scenes in welcoming Keita on Merseyside - as his new dressing room neighbour.

He said: “I’m sat next to Keita in the changing room so we share a lot of jokes together.

“Fabinho is a really good guy too. Both are settling in very well and really good additions to the squad.”
NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #32
NI KI
Arofanatic

Ever wondered how many goals have been scored at Anfield? Or how many red cards have been handed out?

Anfield has been home of Liverpool Football Club since 1892.

And here are some amazing facts and figures about the Reds famous ground.

Total Goals 1,374

Goals Per Game 2.75

Home Goals 971

Away Goals 403

% Scored by home team 70.7%

1st Half Goals 599

2nd Half Goals 775

% 1st Half 43.6%

Inside the box 1,154

Outside the box 220

% of Goals scored outside the box 16.0%

Percentage of 0-0’s 9.2%

Home/Away win ratio: Home Win 60.6%

Home/Away win ratio: Away Win 14%

Top goal-scorer Robbie Fowler – 85

Total red cards 68
Old 17-07-2018, 11:04 PM   #33
NI KI
Arofanatic

Liverpool make move for Alisson

James Pearce

@JamesPearceEcho
Liverpool have made their move for Alisson. Bid of around £62m. #LFC

10:00 PM - Jul 17, 2018
Old 17-07-2018, 11:27 PM   #34
NI KI
Arofanatic

Details of bid for Alisson

The ECHO understands Liverpool are putting £53 million up front with £9m in add ons.

The Reds are reported to have been put off in the summer because Roma wanted in excess of £70m.

Reportedly the Italian club felt they sold Salah too cheaply.

Alisson has been a “long standing target” for manager Jurgen Klopp.

The bid is a world-record for a goalkeeper.
Old 17-07-2018, 11:30 PM   #35
NI KI
Arofanatic

Liverpool's world record bid for Roma goalkeeper Allison

Liverpool have offered Roma a world record transfer fee for a goalkeeper of £62m in a bid to land Allison.

The offer is a huge £53m up front, with £9m of add ons.

Roma are believed to want £66m, but the Reds are confident a deal can be done.

Ian Doyle writes:

The Brazilian has long been Jurgen Klopp’s number one goalkeeping target, but the Reds were put off earlier this summer by an asking price in excess of £70m - together with indications that Allison favoured a move to Real Madrid.

The move was also complicated by the astonishing success of Liverpool’s last capture from Roma, forward Mo Salah.

The Italian club believed they had sold Salah too cheaply and were not prepared to lower their asking price, but the Reds’ pressing need for a goalkeeping reinforcement has led to them testing Roma’s resolve.

Roma Sporting Director Monchi has insisted that his club does not need to sell to comply with financial fairplay regulations, but he did admit that every player has his price.

Liverpool will be hoping that £62m is that figure.
Old 18-07-2018, 09:25 PM   #36
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Harry Wilson joins Derby on season-long loan

Harry Wilson has completed a season-long loan move to Championship side Derby County.

The Wales international will spend the duration of the forthcoming campaign with Frank Lampard’s team having signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool earlier this month.

Wilson impressed at the level for Hull City last term, scoring seven goals in 13 games to help ease them away from trouble after joining in January.

The 21-year-old, who has made one appearance for the Reds first team, scored twice in the opening pre-season friendly of the summer – a 7-0 win at Chester FC.

Derby kick off the new season at Reading on Friday August 3.
Old 18-07-2018, 09:30 PM   #37
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Liverpool agree world record £66.8M deal with Roma for goalkeeper Alisson Becker

Liverpool have agreed a world record fee of £66.8million with Roma for goalkeeper Alisson.

The Reds have been given the green light to hold talks with the Brazil international after increasing their initial offer.

Liverpool's first bid of £62m, which included £53m up front with a further £9m in add-ons, was rejected by the Serie A outfit on Tuesday.

However, Reds sporting director Michael Edwards has moved quickly to meet Roma's valuation of 75m Euros (£66.8m).

It remains to be seen whether Chelsea, who have also been heavily linked with Alisson, respond with a similar offer.

However, Liverpool have stolen a march on the Londoners and are increasingly confident about securing Alisson's services.

He would become the world's most expensive keeper and solve Jurgen Klopp's biggest problem ahead of the 2018/19 season.

Liverpool have been in the market for a new No 1 since Loris Karius' disastrous performance in the Champions League final.

The Reds initially feared they would miss out on Alisson with Real Madrid seemingly favourites to sign him but the landscape has changed in recent weeks with the Roma No 1 keen on the prospect of moving to Anfield.
Old 18-07-2018, 09:34 PM   #38
NI KI
Arofanatic

Liverpool youngster Rhian Brewster reveals lengthy absence as he targets first-team bow

Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster has revealed he's unlikely to make his comeback before Christmas.

The 18-year-old frontman, who has signed a first professional contract to keep him at Anfield until 2023, was initially expected to return to training in September.

However, Brewster is still recovering from the ankle and knee operations he underwent after damaging ligaments playing for Liverpool Under-23s against Manchester City back in January.

“I’ve been out for about six months now and it’s quite far down the line,” Brewster told Liverpoolfc.com.

“I’m hoping to be back by around Christmas. Hopefully by then I should be back fit and fighting for my place in the team.

“This is a great team that I want to be a part of. Getting back fit and fighting fit is what I want to do in the upcoming season, and prove to everyone I am good enough.

“I can’t wait to be back because I’m missing it like crazy. When I’m back I want to prove to everyone that I made the right decision in staying at this club. Hopefully this year I will get my professional debut and push on from there.”

Brewster, who joined Liverpool from Chelsea in 2015, also spoke about the bond he has established with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in recent months.

The teenager has been doing his rehabilitation programme alongside the England international, who suffered a serious knee injury back in April.

“When you’re seeing everybody else on holiday, and you’re here working and fighting to get fight, it does get boring and annoying,” he added.

“Me and Ox have been strong together and pushed each other on. Ox has helped me a lot, him being senior, to make me push and push.

“I can’t thank him enough. I’m looking forward to both of us getting back fit and hopefully playing. I’ve made a brother there.”
Old 18-07-2018, 09:36 PM   #39
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Taiwo Awoniyi on new LFC deal and career ambitions

Taiwo Awoniyi pledged to build on his recent progress in the coming season after signing a new long-term contract with Liverpool.

Three years on from joining the Reds, the striker put pen to paper on a fresh deal at Melwood on Tuesday having returned from a productive year with Royal Excel Mouscron.

The Nigeria youth international scored 10 goals and provided four assists for the Belgian top-flight side and is now determined to improve again in 2018-19.

As the ink dried on his new contract, Awoniyi sat down with Liverpoolfc.com to share his delight with the deal, reflect on his development and look to the future.
Old 18-07-2018, 09:39 PM   #40
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Daniel Sturridge on his LFC future

Daniel Sturridge is determined to reclaim a place in the Liverpool team.

The No.15 made 14 appearances and scored three goals during the first half of last season before joining West Bromwich Albion on loan for the remainder of the campaign.

He returned to Reds duty at the beginning of July for pre-season and has featured in each of the three friendlies so far, scoring twice at Chester FC.

A short trip to Blackburn Rovers follows on Thursday night before Jürgen Klopp’s squad embark on a tour of America and compete in the International Champions Cup.

Sturridge is pleased to be back at Liverpool again and is already eagerly anticipating the coming season, with his focus on contributing to the Reds’ cause.

“I see myself staying at Liverpool, hopefully being part of the team week in, week out,” the Englishman, who has netted 63 times for the club, said.

“Pre-season is going well, so for me it’s keeping my head down and building on that. I’m excited about the season ahead and it feels great to be back.

“I am feeling great and can’t wait to get the season under way. We have the tour to come where we face some great teams like Manchester United, Manchester City and [Borussia] Dortmund.”