Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 27-03-2005, 05:28 PM   #11
jt1
Arofanatic

I remember my time when I was ard 4-6 yrs old, I use to keep guppies and swordtails in a ceramic/concrete tank with oneside glass for viewing only. Chuck some weeds from the drain and cover them. No feeding whatsoever and the fishes multiplied like crazy and weeds grow like mad.
At that time also, we can catch catfish, gourami("Sepat" fish in malay I think) and "Parang fish" from drains too.
Hmmm...old memories are coming back now

cheers
jt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 05:00 AM   #12
MPeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfav
You should show this photo to that lady at the LFS who sold you those fishes!
I reckon she/he is probably retired and probably spending his better days in Australia/NZ...

I wonder if the 2 lfs which i bought those fishes are still around... any1 stays near AMK St 32 wet market, beside the AMK Town Council (i think itz now known as AMK/Yishun TC + Small Claims Tribunal Regional North)?
Old 28-03-2005, 05:01 AM   #13
MPeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezing
i would prefer to call that as a tank with plants....instead of planted tank

but nice to bring back those memories...
Back then, even water change also need mama/papa to help, i dun think small me had the ability to set up the standard of planted tanks we come to know of today.. lol...
Old 28-03-2005, 10:55 AM   #14
elimmel
Senior Dragon

mpex, sure was exciting to own a fish tank as a kid.
had one like yours when i was 6 until a skateboard accident broke the tank...
tank was placed on the living room floor and the skateboard decided to test the glass thickness....
elimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 11:02 AM   #15
Iori

Quote:
Originally Posted by elimmel
mpex, sure was exciting to own a fish tank as a kid.
had one like yours when i was 6 until a skateboard accident broke the tank...
tank was placed on the living room floor and the skateboard decided to test the glass thickness....
So your living room was flooded?
Old 30-03-2005, 04:12 AM   #16
explorer

My first tank was about 30 years ago. LOL! I think silicon wasn't even invented yet. The tank is made of angle bars welded together and painted blue and the five pcs of glass for the sides was stick to the frame by some kind of grey coloured plasticine. The size is about 1.5x1x1. Used to keep gold fish. No fancy stuff just the normal fan tail type. No filter, no pump, no anti chlorine, no nothing. just feed the fishes with 'fish-roti' and occasionally tubifex worms (5 cents nia!). Those were the days.......
Old 30-03-2005, 08:27 AM   #17
MPeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer
My first tank was about 30 years ago. LOL! I think silicon wasn't even invented yet. The tank is made of angle bars welded together and painted blue and the five pcs of glass for the sides was stick to the frame by some kind of grey coloured plasticine. The size is about 1.5x1x1. Used to keep gold fish. No fancy stuff just the normal fan tail type. No filter, no pump, no anti chlorine, no nothing. just feed the fishes with 'fish-roti' and occasionally tubifex worms (5 cents nia!). Those were the days.......
Now that u mentioned "fish-roti", i suddenly remembered i used to feed my fishes that too!

Itz those round crispy white bread, no added vitamins or nutrients but my fish still gobbled them up anyway... haha... are they still selling that anyway, haven't seen it in any lfs in recent years...
Old 30-03-2005, 09:35 AM   #18
optimus prime

you are considered lucky . i kept guppies in a big horlick bottle.
Old 30-03-2005, 09:42 AM   #19
Iori

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus prime
you are considered lucky . i kept guppies in a big horlick bottle.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh..............those were the days hor?
Old 30-03-2005, 10:16 AM   #20
af2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeX

to the picture is really well taken....it really captured the innocence of the young boy....

me used those condensed milk container to rear bettas last time.....those were the days........the good ole days...