Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Qian Hu

Old 18-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #71
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay View Post
Hi,

Can I check will the water temp affect the use of Hydra or stream? Say 30 degree.

If I attached a pump say flow rate of about 600l/hr to stream 1 using this set up as the main filtration system for conditioning fishes for say 3 week to a month. Will clean the cartridge for the nxt batch of fishes. Will this work?
Hi,

The efficiency and effectiveness of Hydra will not be affected by the water temperature and the reaction time of Hydra cata-pure is almost instantaneous in nano second, therefore the flow rate that you had mentioned is ok for your setup.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #72
marshy

Senior Moderator

I did some reading up on internet and came across an article regarding this technology that your product is base on.

I reproduce as below...
==========

It should also be aware that AOPs are not perfect and have several drawbacks.

Most prominently, costs of AOPs are too high, since a continuous input of expensive chemical reagents are required to maintain the operation of most AOPs system.
Some techniques require pre-treatment of wastewater to ensure reliable performance, which could be potentially costly and technically demanding. For instance, presence of bicarbonate ion (HCO3-) can appreciably reduce the concentration of ·OH due to scavenging processes that yield H2O and a much less reactive species, ·CO3-.[3] As a result bicarbonate must be wiped out from the system or AOPs are compromised otherwise.

=======

I'd like to know would dosing of Sodium Bicarbonate reduce the effectiveness of your product (as mentioned above).
marshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #73
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy View Post
I did some reading up on internet and came across an article regarding this technology that your product is base on.

I reproduce as below...
==========

It should also be aware that AOPs are not perfect and have several drawbacks.

Most prominently, costs of AOPs are too high, since a continuous input of expensive chemical reagents are required to maintain the operation of most AOPs system.
Some techniques require pre-treatment of wastewater to ensure reliable performance, which could be potentially costly and technically demanding. For instance, presence of bicarbonate ion (HCO3-) can appreciably reduce the concentration of ·OH due to scavenging processes that yield H2O and a much less reactive species, ·CO3-.[3] As a result bicarbonate must be wiped out from the system or AOPs are compromised otherwise.

=======

I'd like to know would dosing of Sodium Bicarbonate reduce the effectiveness of your product (as mentioned above).
Hi,

Allow me to do a check and will get back to your enquiry soon.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 26-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #74
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qian Hu View Post
Hi,

Allow me to do a check and will get back to your enquiry soon.
Hi,

As our patented technology involves a catalytic media, sodium bicarbonate will not affect the efficiency. Thank you for highlighting this as this is the difference between our technology compare to the existing techonology in the market.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 26-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #75
marshy

Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qian Hu View Post
Hi,

As our patented technology involves a catalytic media, sodium bicarbonate will not affect the efficiency. Thank you for highlighting this as this is the difference between our technology compare to the existing techonology in the market.
Thank you for the feedback.
One more query if I may...

The cartridges are rated for one year operation use. However, this figure/calculation.... is it not affected by the bioload of the tank that the setup is installed on?
marshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #76
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy View Post
Thank you for the feedback.
One more query if I may...

The cartridges are rated for one year operation use. However, this figure/calculation.... is it not affected by the bioload of the tank that the setup is installed on?
Hi,

The Hydro Pure media life span is not affected by the bio load of the tank setup as it is not activated carbon which does.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 15-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #77
Kaien

Hi QH, after installing hydra stream, I notice my orp readings been dropping..is there any correlations?
Kaien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #78
Vitor
Dragon

Hi I am using hydra 50.

When I was at Lfs, I realized that stream 3 is so much priced abv hydra 50.
Why the difference?

Hydra from the looks of the internal, is water passes thru the corse foam, then to the Cataylic media, between the 2 electrode plates, then out by pump.

Steam internals ?
Care to show any cross section of it?
How to change the media when due a yr?

If I want to change to stream model for my 522, which stream model?
Vitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #79
Qian Hu

Dragon

Dear friends ,

Currently we are having a hydra challenge contest on going at our facebook page .Participate Now and you could win one of 10 exclusive OF® Hydra aquarium depurators!
Simply snap a photo and describe to us in not more than 90 words why you could use a new Hydra filter.

Contest: https://www.facebook.com/QianHuAcces...87166518141362

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 24-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #80
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaien View Post
Hi QH, after installing hydra stream, I notice my orp readings been dropping..is there any correlations?
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

ORP measures the Potential difference between the amount of Oxidizers and Reducers in the water.
ORP readings depends on a few factors, such as the type of ions present, the pH, the amount of dissolved oxygen and organic loading in the tank.
With consideration of the above factors, under normal circumstances, Hydra accelerates the breaking down the organic nutrients(reducers), so there will be more reducers being detected by the ORP probe, so ORP dropping reflects this action happening.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950