Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 15-08-2004, 08:17 PM   #1
NLB

Default XBacks - about golden head, crossing, shine, colour intensity

I heard from a LFS that if you shine white light on a xback for a period of time, It will eventually turn white, giving the false impression that it has crossed. In other words, to have a 6-7 inches xback crossing is not possible. The LFS claimed that in such suituation, the white color will eventually go off. But I believe DFI does have a some golden head xback, showing good crossing around 6-7 inches, selling for 3k?

Old 15-08-2004, 10:55 PM   #2
bentong
Dragon

errr....
usually the aquarium lites we use are white too...
but the aros dont turn white on top...
Old 15-08-2004, 10:57 PM   #3
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLB
I heard from a LFS that if you shine white light on a xback for a period of time, It will eventually turn white, giving the false impression that it has crossed. In other words, to have a 6-7 inches xback crossing is not possible. The LFS claimed that in such suituation, the white color will eventually go off. But I believe DFI does have a some golden head xback, showing good crossing around 6-7 inches, selling for 3k?

U go buy, try it out and let as know!

Golden head xback??? My QH xb also have golden head so how are u going to explain?? mmm...........
Old 15-08-2004, 10:58 PM   #4
Mewmender

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLB
erm..... I personally disagree......
It is possible for some..... but not all XB.....
Golden head XB does not mean 6lvl crossing....

Old 15-08-2004, 11:00 PM   #5
Violet_Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLB
I heard from a LFS that if you shine white light on a xback for a period of <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=56">time</a>, It will eventually turn white, giving the false impression that it has crossed. In other words, to have a 6-7 inches xback crossing is not possible. The LFS claimed that in such suituation, the white color will eventually go off. But I believe DFI does have a some golden head xback, showing good crossing around 6-7 inches, selling for 3k?
eh bro....gt so gd lobang mehx??? 3K??? can tell me where pls??? btw...it is nt true....if a XB if golden head....u can obviously tell becos there would be golden specs... n nt white spots on the head....

Old 15-08-2004, 11:07 PM   #6
Aro_RTG89

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLB

U mean something like this one?

Last edited by Aro_RTG89; 01-02-2007 at 10:43 PM.

Old 15-08-2004, 11:21 PM   #7
NLB

Now we are finally on the same page! Quite surprise most of you don't know about it.

Yah, look at that, a gold patch on the head, not just some thin lines, and also, a shiny back, crossed don't you think?

The LFS is trying to tell me that this is not real and like some bros here, no idea what a golden head is... And my question is, " eh uncle, got golden head xback boh? cross six level one, about 6-8 inches?" Uncle, "bo ye lah, sian tao one, use white light one, bring home you see, sure gone one."...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro_RTG89
U mean something like this one?

Old 15-08-2004, 11:30 PM   #8
mill
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLB
Now we are finally on the same page! Quite surprise most of you don't know about it.

Yah, look at that, a gold patch on the head, not just some thin lines, and also, a shiny back, crossed don't you think?

The LFS is trying to tell me that this is not real and like some bros here, no idea what a golden head is... And my question is, " eh uncle, got golden head xback boh? cross six level one, about 6-8 inches?" Uncle, "bo ye lah, sian tao one, use white light one, bring home you see, sure gone one."...
just for your info...

golden head juvenile xbacks are borned, not "made". they cost more or maybe alot more than a normal xbacks without golden head xbacks.
Old 15-08-2004, 11:31 PM   #9
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

My answer is put it in a black tank and see what it will turn out to be in weeks or months!
Old 15-08-2004, 11:41 PM   #10
NLB

I have the same thought, but the LFS owner ask me to put it in black water and dark surrounding and I will see the color fading in a week or two. That's why I am confused and wanted to ask the bros here. I saw the golden head at the DFI website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mill
just for your info...

golden head juvenile xbacks are borned, not "made". they cost more or maybe alot more than a normal xbacks without golden head xbacks.