Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 14-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #41
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AroHong View Post
These foreign students on full scholarship, principals travel overseas to recruit them, morning also got school bus to bring to school.
This is so damn wrong! Schools run like corporates, where the Principals will soon be called CEO.

Why can't our dear childrens enjoy their education like real students does? Why are our government making us true blue Singaporeans felt totally THIRD CLASS???

Unless our dear Opposition MPs raise this up repeatively, and getting many Singaporeans angry and responding, the damn PAP Government won't give a shit to who you and me are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
There are old Guard(s) which we respect for building this country
The current bunch... they are not guards. They are here to RAID the country's money for their personal gains, rewarding themselves handsomely at our expense. The saying goes, chinese companies doesn't survive beyond the 3rd generation as they are just squandering away. Same for government.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #42
AroHong

AFC Member

Last year, my wife and I attended my kid's Sec 4 graduation ceremony on a week day after work, we got there with just 5 mins to spare after parking the car. It was held in the school's hall and were a bit surprised that a good 30% of the parents attending wore matching couples batik shirts and blouses.

It took us a minute to realise that these were the parents of the foreign scholars in the two triple science classes, quite a few of the ladies had alot of jewellery on and some of the men were spotting rolexes and bags of the latest zoom cameras for phototaking.

I said to my wife that they managed to get the top students as scholars and these scholars are here not because they are poor.

We also went to with our kid when the GCE 'O' level results were released, after the speeches were read out, the time came for awards to be handed out to the top students etc.. There was alot of clapping and so on when the names were announced. We were stressed out and didn't notice much, finally the students settled in their classes again and their form teachers started handed out individual results to them.

We waited patiently by the side, but out kid had a poker face on and lingered to talk to friends share jokes as well as comfort others.

Relief flooded us when we finally got to know her results and over a late lunch we we told that many of the students were talking amongst themselves that only one of the top students was a foreign scholar from the 50 or so that parachuted into the school in Sec 3.

My wife said to my kid, the scholars could be here because of other reasons as well, maybe the government sees value to bring in these affluent children to network with kids here as they may come from the top business or political families. My kid didn't agree, in the two years (sec3 &4) these scholars have kept mainly to themselves, even the local students in these two classes spend most of the recess time with local friends, how can they strike lasting friendships with locals if they are all lump into just two classes.

Last edited by AroHong; 14-11-2011 at 01:28 PM.
AroHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #43
Guppies Onli
Dragon

After what my son have gone thru when he was in sec.4 last year, now when I'm going to the secondary school openhouse with my daughter, my first question is "How many foreign students do you have in each sec.3 and sec.4 level?". This is something that is not reflected in the MOE or school website.
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 11:01 PM   #44
therat
Arofanatic

My son in pri 4.
When he went for his table tennis tournament. We only see those school with most China player will get to the top 3.
They basically counting, how many china player this school had. If that school has more china player.. all say.. siao liao.. sure lose.

5 match - 3 single, 2 double.
1 school had 4 china player. 2 player single, 2 play double. Already confirm win 3 match out of 5.
Truth enough, they got first in senior team.

Those 4 china player, either taller than me or around my height (I'm 1.6m)
They don't look pri 4 to 6 to us.

I don't blame that school b'coz my son school also the same.
therat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #45
dragonkeys
Arofanatic

good

let the young ones know and a taste a bit of global competition, that way they will know what is going to be like when they come to work in the real world , they will need it all IQ EQ and FQ all combine

at the same time ..i also support the call to build more University to increase intake for singaporeans..
dragonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #46
AlvinLeong
Dragon

now PAP PCF nursery class also got foreign students, sibei power....... and best, the teachers told me class FULL so many Sporeans kids being turned away..............
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #47
Guppies Onli
Dragon

This has nothing to do with intention to let the young ones know and taste a bit of global competition; education in Singapore is subsidized by Singaporeans and with limited vacancies especially in some schools. So why bring in foreigners to compete with us afterall our lifespan now has increased. There is no hurry to compete later in life...we compete early in life and we are termed kiasu.

Every table and chair in our schools are provided for by our taxpayers, and even some secondary school hostels are mainly occupied by these foreigners. Whose money are used to build all these facilities?
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #48
stargazer
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
This has nothing to do with intention to let the young ones know and taste a bit of global competition; education in Singapore is subsidized by Singaporeans and with limited vacancies especially in some schools. So why bring in foreigners to compete with us afterall our lifespan now has increased. There is no hurry to compete later in life...we compete early in life and we are termed kiasu.

Every table and chair in our schools are provided for by our taxpayers, and even some secondary school hostels are mainly occupied by these foreigners. Whose money are used to build all these facilities?
Totally agree!
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote