Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 09-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #31
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by therat View Post
Use parents' CPF and need to pay back to parents' CPF --> ok.. sound logic

Not just pay back the Principal, must pay back interest too --> simi logic is that.
I take it from a different perspective.

Rather than take education loan from banks and pay higher interest, it is definitely better to loan from parents CPF. From the gov's pov, perhaps, they don't want the younger generations to start with a heavy debt like many countries does with education loan.

What I cannot agree is, why do we need to pay back interest to our own CPF for using our own money towards our home?? We pay interest on loan, we pay interest again when we sell and refund our CPF. Afterall, it is our own money, used on ourselves for a roof over our head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Huh! If I am still being squeezed like sardine and surrounded by many unknow languages in MRT rides till 4 yrs later, I again will know who to vote!
Squeezed or not, policy change or not, attitude change or not, I don't think it will affect how I view my one vote next GE, or they will revert back to their old ways soon.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #32
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalimantan View Post
i understand singaporean will say "players" are still "china blood" with a paper citizenship.

We have to accept the fact that many singaporeans are not into sports.

If we complain on foreign sportmans on defending olympic medals, etc, why not ask our pure-breed singaporean children to take up sports instead ? Which parents want that ? You or me ?
ha ,, In singapore sport can earn big money ?? young time maybe very enjoy .. but time come to old ..... how ? who feed those sport man ? i tell u .. earn nothing sport in s'pore !!

even we can see china sport man ... what when they old ? we can reah new papar new's

Last edited by KAO LUO; 09-11-2011 at 11:53 AM.
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #33
AroHong

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalimantan View Post
We have to accept the fact that many singaporeans are not into sports.

If we complain on foreign sportmans on defending olympic medals, etc, why not ask our pure-breed singaporean children to take up sports instead ? Which parents want that ? You or me ?
Few years ago my son entered into Secondary School and he wanted to take up Table Tennis as a CCA, he was informed that unless he represented primary school and won medals before he would not qualify. The school instead recruited Chinese coaches and took in children(cannot even speak English) from China directly on scholarships to represent the school.

Today whenever we watch the news, and see Singapore competing in table tennis, my son tells me 'Dad its China vs 2nd grade China, don't waste your time' Just imagine, my seconday school child and his friends apparently having this mindset - who is encouraging anti-foreigner mindset from young?

Reach Sec 3, the school has only 2 triple Science classes, suddenly the 40 to 50 foreigners (16 or 17 year olds) join the school in Sec 3 - almost all fill up the triple Science classes, Singaporeans become minority only a handful 'smart' enough to get in.

These foreign students on full scholarship, principals travel overseas to recruit them, morning also got school bus to bring to school.

I personally feel its an unspoken and intentional policy to marginalise the majority of our Singapore born children because in any society, someone needs to be a factory worker or blue collar and low end worker. Our system, instead of developing every child or citizen to his or her full potenial does the opposite for most.

Winning medals feels good but we need to win it the right way, if we ourselves don't have the talent or ability to win it, so be it. Let's promote whatever sports our children want to try to them and let them enjoy it growing up. We can buy medals and tropies, maybe even votes by importing new citizens. but end of the day do the people really feel proud or disgusted at such actions.

Last edited by AroHong; 09-11-2011 at 02:55 PM.
AroHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #34
LedZepp
Dragon

Default Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by AroHong View Post
Few years ago my son entered into Secondary School and he wanted to take up Table Tennis as a CCA, he was informed that unless he represented primary school and won medals before he would not qualify. The school instead recruited Chinese coaches and took in children(cannot even speak English) from China directly on scholarships to represent the school.

Today whenever we watch the news, and see Singapore competing in table tennis, my son tells me 'Dad its China vs 2nd grade China, don't waste your time' Just imagine, my seconday school child and his friends apparently having this mindset - who is encouraging anti-foreigner mindset from young?

Reach Sec 3, the school has only 2 triple Science classes, suddenly the 40 to 50 foreigners (16 or 17 year olds) join the school in Sec 3 - almost all fill up the triple Science classes, Singaporeans become minority only a handful 'smart' enough to get in.

These foreign students on full scholarship, principals travel overseas to recruit them, morning also got school bus to bring to school.

I personally feel its an unspoken and intentional policy to marginalise the majority of our Singapore born children because in any society, someone needs to be a factory worker or blue collar and low end worker. Our system, instead of developing every child or citizen to his or her full potenial does the opposite for most.

Winning medals feels good but we need to win it the right way, if we ourselves don't have the talent or ability to win it, so be it. Let's promote whatever sports our children want to try to them and let them enjoy it growing up. We can buy medals and tropies, maybe even votes by importing new citizens. but end of the day do the people really feel proud or disgusted at such actions.
This is what I am talking about. Classic example. How to feel optimistic for my children when such things are happening. Why should we as decendents of true Singaporean who built this nation be feeling like that. The policy makers are obviously not listening and just wants to prove that we are "world class", but at our expense. Do we really want to be world class and win medals at the World Cup with imports that don't even sound like us? Or are we content with just winning the Malaysian Cup on our own? I choose the latter, this is really disturbing and heartbreaking.

Ups for sharing the truth bro!
LedZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #35
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Huh! If I am still being squeezed like sardine and surrounded by many unknow languages in MRT rides till 4 yrs later, I again will know who to vote!
I already knew who to vote when Wong can sing said he already spent 3 hours to explain the Mas Selamat saga in Parliament and what else you want.....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #36
Ah_ZhaN
Arofanatic

Ah_ZhaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #37
LedZepp
Dragon

What can we do for our kids' future? I feel helpless sometimes.....
Old 11-11-2011, 11:41 PM   #38
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZepp View Post
What can we do for our kids' future? I feel helpless sometimes.....
I don't understand....why we need to worry of our kid's future when our country's future is so great that we can pay our Ministers Millions of dollars year after year.....
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #39
LedZepp
Dragon

The world goes one full circle.....REPENT before it is to late! Hahaha
Old 12-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #40
stargazer
Dragon

There are old Guard(s) which we respect for building this country, at salaries far fetched from what the current guards draw now. But truth behold, there are some things these guards have lost in touch.

The whole garmen produced loads of erroneous policies, run like a profitable company. Well, it is still not too late to change the tide.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote