Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 28-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #31
stargazer
Dragon

However much they say they love SG, how good it is over here, fact is, they will still go back to their countries after being here for some time. It is human behaviour.

So then what will happen to the locals, who have been displaced from jobs, in debts, facing ridiculously high priced HDBs???
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #32
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai198 View Post
pinoys damn smart. muscle in on cs, accounting. ( so is the local sg not capable of doing AP/AR?) . IT.( so many local dip/uni grads , not enuff for local sg
I think it has more or less been identified, one of the reason why foreigners (including Filipinos) are getting the jobs. Singaporeans has higher commitment thus seeks higher pay as compared to foreigners from developing countries.

Singaporeans have to think,
- Housing so expensive (young couples)
- Need to save up for marriage (planning marriage)
- Expenses on childrens (for those married w kids)
- Cost of living getting higher, etc...

Compare that with foreigners, whom are likely facing much much cheaper housing back in their homeland, where cost of child upbringing and education is lower, etc, they can take the same job at >20% lower pay. Send S$200 home per month, it is enough to feed the family back there.

This also explains why a lot of M'sians are working in Singapore. One salary to feed a whole family. Look at how much hassle and inconvenience those crossing the causeway daily faced, yet it's worth their while.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #33
therat
Arofanatic

had a colleague from china office, ask to internal transfer to Singapore.
Hope work here can get PR, then bring over wife.
Who know.. timing not right.
Work in Singapore office for 2 yrs, still didn't get PR. Then resign. Go back to China.
therat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #34
loveikan
Arofanatic

I had a classmate who worked in a huge Japanese MNC here and 95% of the employees here are PR.

Not surprised in today employment but the only one thing that stumbled me was the govt was paying the full salary of all these people who are PR.

I was told that many years ago, the HQ intended to uproot the operations in Singapore into China. They have to update the govt here about their intention since it is not an ordinary company.

As a result, they were encouraged to remain here and given incentives to stay here. This salary agreement was a part it of the deal to stay.

Also, in the event that the company again decides to relocate later, all these PR would be transferred over to the govt-related companies here.

My friend, who is a GM (and a PR) of that company was also surprised by how desperate our govt is at that time to make such an "obscence" offer because the salary of these PRs were astronomical collectively!
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #35
FishyAmazon

If you ask. The answer that resonates is "It's an honest mistake". In japan, mp would be put in front of the people for some really nasty scolding and scorning. I think they will be forced to quit.

Livelihood of Singaporeans oppressed so so long. Tian ahh !!!
Old 30-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #36
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by therat View Post
Work in Singapore office for 2 yrs, still didn't get PR. Then resign. Go back to China.
Good riddance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveikan View Post
I had a classmate who worked in a huge Japanese MNC here and 95% of the employees here are PR.

Not surprised in today employment but the only one thing that stumbled me was the govt was paying the full salary of all these people who are PR.
My friend, who is a GM (and a PR) of that company was also surprised by how desperate our govt is at that time to make such an "obscence" offer because the salary of these PRs were astronomical collectively!
Quite much can't catch the story. Maybe b'cos e company/industry a bit too sensitive to mention?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyAmazon View Post
If you ask. The answer that resonates is "It's an honest mistake". In japan, mp would be put in front of the people for some really nasty scolding and scorning. I think they will be forced to quit.
Not that they are always 'forced' to quit, but they have dignity of bowing gracefully and apologising, before quitting after they clean their mess (eg fukushima)
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #37
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Everywhere also pinoy.

Now pinoy catching up with PRC.
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #38
nelsonq

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
I think it has more or less been identified, one of the reason why foreigners (including Filipinos) are getting the jobs. Singaporeans has higher commitment thus seeks higher pay as compared to foreigners from developing countries.

Singaporeans have to think,
- Housing so expensive (young couples)
- Need to save up for marriage (planning marriage)
- Expenses on childrens (for those married w kids)
- Cost of living getting higher, etc...

Compare that with foreigners, whom are likely facing much much cheaper housing back in their homeland, where cost of child upbringing and education is lower, etc, they can take the same job at >20% lower pay. Send S$200 home per month, it is enough to feed the family back there.

This also explains why a lot of M'sians are working in Singapore. One salary to feed a whole family. Look at how much hassle and inconvenience those crossing the causeway daily faced, yet it's worth their while.
i second this..... look in this way if a 60+ yr old granny working as a dishwasher salary a mth only 600-800 only... but look at what they need to pay... housing rental, electrical bill, conservancy, transportation, daily makan, groceries etc.... and in the end how much they can save = $0.... this is an example for a sporean living... so employers shouldnt say sporean dont want to take up the job but look on other side there are so much thing we need to pay off unlike FT coming here to work...... sighhh.....
Old 03-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #39
Kalimantan

more or less i agree with some members here on FT.

But singapore land so small, but currency strong, so every FT wants to come in and earn and go back their host country where land is bigger and cheaper.

Our govt very good in country cleaniness, safety for family members , law and order etc (i mean those intangibles good factors). Every people outside singapore wants all these which their host countries cannot provide.

All these factors drive up property prices as well.

Anyone with a right mind sure want these. Even the poor also know the basics of law and order and all "not so good quality" ft wants to settle down here.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #40
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

PBM OR BBM lai liao .....
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote