Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #11
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANG LONG View Post
Sorry , te more i read te more confuse i get . Look like die die must be a AFC member to be save. I better reconsider .
Everyone has a choice but we will support participating farms. Otherwise, there won't be any reason for farms to join and everyone will do their own activities. In that case, might as well remain status quo and not do any club, organise anything.

At the risk of being repetitive, AFC doesn't belong to me, or AF and is a non-profit organisation. I would gladly have a better man, better team take over. And AF will continue to support it's efforts.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #12
PANG LONG

AFC Associate

John now te way u explain i read i feel better. I support all clubs or activities abt arowana te first day i come into tis trade. Te problem here is that some member here want activities and they start a tread i support te idea. If AFC feel that they can handle te farm visit than just go into te tread and take over from there. I believe more ppl will respect AFC tis way than just take away te tread and zap ppl . AFC need support from everyone . Ppl u like ppl u do not like , as long as they are arowana lovers. Than everyone can come together and enjoy tis hobbists and share. I will still support AFC even i do not know wat they can achieve in the future .
Old 05-08-2009, 10:07 AM   #13
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
John now te way u explain i read i feel better. I support all clubs or activities abt arowana te first day i come into tis trade. Te problem here is that some member here want activities and they start a tread i support te idea. If AFC feel that they can handle te farm visit than just go into te tread and take over from there. I believe more ppl will respect AFC tis way than just take away te tread and zap ppl . AFC need support from everyone . Ppl u like ppl u do not like , as long as they are arowana lovers. Than everyone can come together and enjoy tis hobbists and share. I will still support AFC even i do not know wat they can achieve in the future .
U have ur reasons, I have mine. I won't say I am 100% right. I may be wrong and there may be a better way but until the day someone is in my shoes, then only he can tell me where I was wrong. Third party criticism is always easy. I have never criticise farms or for that matter, anyone doing their own business. Some say Red is Red, Gold is Gold. Some give fanciful names to their aros. It is their individual way of doing their business. I do not tell others how to go about doing their job and I ask that others respect the way I do my job.

I dunno what AFC can achieve in future too. However, there is a vision and it is spelt out. I won't be running the show forever. In fact, highly possible just one year to kick start it. At the next AGM, I sincerely hope a better man take charge and on the part of AF, we will continue to support it.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #14
PANG LONG

AFC Associate

U take up a post than u do a good job. We are all learning including me . We can only grow if we accept wat ppl say . Change urself first b4 u wat others to change. It is such a early stage of AFC and u give tis type of comments. Do u have any responsiblity towards those who give support to te club. U want ppl to show respect to AF or AFC than those who r in charge here must show respect to members too . Ppl make other ppl happy when they feel happy too. Just a share of my thoughts here. U can ignore me but r u going to ignore te rest. Cheers.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #15
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
U take up a post than u do a good job. We are all learning including me . We can only grow if we accept wat ppl say . Change urself first b4 u wat others to change. It is such a early stage of AFC and u give tis type of comments. Do u have any responsiblity towards those who give support to te club. U want ppl to show respect to AF or AFC than those who r in charge here must show respect to members too . Ppl make other ppl happy when they feel happy too. Just a share of my thoughts here. U can ignore me but r u going to ignore te rest. Cheers.
I have been more than polite to you but dun take my kindness as weakness.

I dunno who is behind this nick. Derrick or Koji but let me say this to you. I do not tell you how to do your job. And u do not tell me how to do mine. This is my final word to you. I am willing to risk having one member or two member less if you insist to dictate how I do my job.

btw I never wanted to change anyone. It is none of my business, so please do not put words into my mouth. And in return, I ask that others do not change me.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #16
PANG LONG

AFC Associate

John i m derrick . The same feeling goes to those member here when their been zap or ask to do things in not a very nice manner. If members feel a need to voice out u as a owner or Senior Mod must give ppl a chances to voice out. I will like to follow the rules here if ppl do it politely and fair. I know i m busy body here or risk ban by u but te motor here is share thru knowledge . I m just sharing. Y not start a poll n see te result .
Tks n have a nice day . See u later .
Old 06-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #17
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
John i m derrick . The same feeling goes to those member here when their been zap or ask to do things in not a very nice manner. If members feel a need to voice out u as a owner or Senior Mod must give ppl a chances to voice out. I will like to follow the rules here if ppl do it politely and fair. I know i m busy body here or risk ban by u but te motor here is share thru knowledge . I m just sharing. Y not start a poll n see te result .
Tks n have a nice day . See u later .
You come to my house, You follow my rules. Simple as that. If u cannot follow, the door is right up there. I dunno what motor u r talking about but we dun run on motors, engines and what not. Start what poll ? Start a poll to see if I do this for non-profit, fund the site, do the activities and then let u dictate my actions ? Can I go to Pang Long and tell u, the pond cannot be here ..... u must dig one hole there ....... the name cannot call Pang Long ..... it sounds like put condom ..... can i say all these to you and tell you to change ? No, right ...... You do ur things ur way, I do my things my way ....... and that's the bottomline.

Dun like zap .... there are plenty of websites that dun have this ..... AF is not exclusive .... go where it suits you ....
Old 06-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #18
Nomis
Dragon

Hi my 2 big "aro-brothers" ....

I think it's just a matter of viewing the same subject and having different approach on it ,that all.

Well, just like a half empty glass of water be interpreted as half filled glass of water to others.

Hopefully both of you could meet up in person ,have coffee and discuss some views on the subject rather than debating its outcome here.

Sounds not so good leh...

Our main objective here is to learn and share, whether in pang long or af.

Wish that there could be an opportunity to work things out in an amicable way that both could accept.(compromised approach)

Understand John's frustration when being approach with such comments.And also understand Derrick's view on the way his customers are being treated ......well to me " Live is short , just enjoy it whilst we can ".

Hope i'm not a busy body to give my views here and don't zapp me hor .

Cheers and good-day to all.

Simon

Last edited by Nomis; 06-08-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #19
WarriorHead

Hi Bro Nomis, in my opinion you are never a bz-body. What you said is very true... different people different perception and views. Life is taxing, let's enjoy while we can, at times we got to apply the coffin theories....

This thread seems a bit sensitive, and believe lots of bros wanted to say something but worrying being zapped or accidentally write a wrong thing and being zap Just came to know Bro jwhtan (Barney) is the 'tai kor' and he calls the shot here... First of all, thanks to you Bro jwhtan for this wonderful website for all of us sharing experience and knowledges.. much more an education website to aro hobbyists. Sitting right up there never an easy job furthermore it's a npo. Salute you! This is a big family.. a big family tends to have some naughty or rascals (no intention referring to anyone), so being the founder/dad cum captain of the ship, just don't be distracted, maintain our bp is utmost important...

Thanks and Regards...

Old 06-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #20
LoToPaJi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomis View Post
Hi my 2 big "aro-brothers" ....

I think it's just a matter of viewing the same subject and having different approach on it ,that all.

Well, just like a half empty glass of water be interpreted as half filled glass of water to others.

Hopefully both of you could meet up in person ,have coffee and discuss some views on the subject rather than debating its outcome here.

Sounds not so good leh...

Our main objective here is to learn and share, whether in pang long or af.

Wish that there could be an opportunity to work things out in an amicable way that both could accept.(compromised approach)

Understand John's frustration when being approach with such comments.And also understand Derrick's view on the way his customers are being treated ......well to me " Live is short , just enjoy it whilst we can ".

Hope i'm not a busy body to give my views here and don't zapp me hor .

Cheers and good-day to all.

Simon
Hi simon, you are not a busy body. I have to say that bcos I'm going to be the next one. How's my HB doing in your pond?

Just to clarify that this is just a personal posting and no pun intended but simply sharing views only.

I'm a re-visit (return to share and learn from all nice bros/sis here) and just like you (Derrick) last time had a different views from Barney on his action. But I have learnt to understanding and respect of the owner's right and diffculty in maintaining his house rules. I will follow the house rule of AF as well as PL if I visit any of them. Both of you are right in your respective point of view but please do respect one another difficulty in handling the issue too. I have learnt to understand more about the onwer's difficulty in handling issue eventhough I may not be fully agreed with the action taken at times but still one has to respect the decision make by the owner.

I foresee that there will be more changes coming its way in AF soon in view of the setting up of AFC.

I love AF for it's intense knolwedge base and this is build up by none other than the MEMBERS. Not forgeting the hardworks from the Mods team. We are all here to share and progress. Good Day.

Closed Thread