Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Catfish Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #121
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash View Post
i feed them tetra pro bits, carnivore pellets, algae wafer, was thinking of giving them nls pellets as well, anyone try nls for them yet?
my colony of 10 sterbais and 10 concolors are feeding on a staple diet of NLS 0.5mm and 1mm daily. so far so good. sterbais have started breeding but i am unable to harvest the eggs as they get eaten before i can collect..
Old 02-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #122
Joop
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash View Post
i feed them tetra pro bits, carnivore pellets, algae wafer, was thinking of giving them nls pellets as well, anyone try nls for them yet?
Which type of NLS pellet? There are a few in the local market currently. Mine don't touch them at all.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #123
Joop
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
my colony of 10 sterbais and 10 concolors are feeding on a staple diet of NLS 0.5mm and 1mm daily. so far so good. sterbais have started breeding but i am unable to harvest the eggs as they get eaten before i can collect..
How big is your tank?
Old 02-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #124
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joop View Post
How big is your tank?
sterbais are in a 422 semi planted discus tank with 6 leopard discus and 40 tetras and 10 otos.. seen them spawned quite a couple of times but whenever i want to video they swim off and after they spawn, i am unable to differentiate the eggs from the gravel..

as for the concolors, they are still a young colony in a 322 semi planted tank with a lot of other tank mates
Old 02-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #125
Joop
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
sterbais are in a 422 semi planted discus tank with 6 leopard discus and 40 tetras and 10 otos.. seen them spawned quite a couple of times but whenever i want to video they swim off and after they spawn, i am unable to differentiate the eggs from the gravel..

as for the concolors, they are still a young colony in a 322 semi planted tank with a lot of other tank mates
Yes. It quite difficult especially in a planted tank and with other tank mate around, the eggs will be eaten up before we can notice it.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #126
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Yes. It quite difficult especially in a planted tank and with other tank mate around, the eggs will be eaten up before we can notice it.
years only at times i will see them spawn and immediately they get eaten up.. maybe in future i will net them out and give them a tank of their own to spawn
Old 02-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #127
Joop
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
years only at times i will see them spawn and immediately they get eaten up.. maybe in future i will net them out and give them a tank of their own to spawn
Yep. You should. These Sterbai really spawn fast. Laying eggs all over my driftwood and tank wall...
Old 02-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #128
kampfer
Dragon

Quote:
Which type of NLS pellet? There are a few in the local market currently. Mine don't touch them at all.
I feed mine with NLS spectrum thera anti parasitic 0.5mm pellets together Fbw, Hikari Carni and algae wafers.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #129
dinosor
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer View Post
I feed mine with NLS spectrum thera anti parasitic 0.5mm pellets together Fbw, Hikari Carni and algae wafers.
Hi bro.. The nls anti parasite pellet can get fr where ? Does it really get rid of parasite?
Old 02-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #130
ash
Dragon

NLS spectrum thera anti parasitic 0.5mm pellets, bro can advise where u buy this and how much it cost?
Closed Thread