Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 15-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #11
Koji™
Account Disabled

Btw, that seachem ph and ammonia alert thingy not accurate one. Will suggest you go for those proper chemical test kit.
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #12
slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottyfish View Post
Does the sticker on the tank that monitor parameters works well ?
Actually I'm not that sure. It's always in the healthy range! I'll be buying test kits to verify! You can see my other thread.
Old 15-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #13
slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget818 View Post
My setup up is not as pro as you

I saw you are using ph tester on your tank.. How it works and where did you get it from?
I bought it from clementi auntie. $10 each. Just place inside the tank. I think it will be good to supplement with a test kit. The seachem one will provide continuous reading, while test kit will provide adhoc reading.
Old 15-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #14
slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji™ View Post
That's a lot of plants. Will suggest lesser plants or else you will have a hard time spotting your shrimps and also doing trimming liao.
Yes, i think so too. Maybe I'll see what i can do to lessen the plants. Thank you!
Old 15-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #15
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Bro, just noticed you are using clip-on LED light, is that sufficient for such heavy planting? Btw, what brand is it? I like the sleek look! What's the Wattage for each bulb? And if you don't mind, can pm me the shop location and price you bought it at? Thanks!
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #16
Planted

I wonder will the slope flatten over time when the soil loosen or breaks down. I had a similar slope without any support below the soil, over half a year all flattened. 2nd attempt i put sand below to keep the shape.
Old 15-11-2011, 11:10 PM   #17
sloke

Very beautiful and systematic set-up, bro. Love the way you arrange step by step
Old 16-11-2011, 02:30 AM   #18
slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Bro, just noticed you are using clip-on LED light, is that sufficient for such heavy planting? Btw, what brand is it? I like the sleek look! What's the Wattage for each bulb? And if you don't mind, can pm me the shop location and price you bought it at? Thanks!
Hello bro...It is the LEO led light. 7.2W. You can get it in aquariums selling LEO products. I got mine from Serangoon north, about $70+ or 80+ can't recall. But it is really sleek. Makes my $28 tank looks like $100. LOL
Old 16-11-2011, 02:31 AM   #19
slapper

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planted View Post
I wonder will the slope flatten over time when the soil loosen or breaks down. I had a similar slope without any support below the soil, over half a year all flattened. 2nd attempt i put sand below to keep the shape.
Yes, without support it will almost certainly flatten. Even with support, things may shift over time cos of undercurrent.
Old 16-11-2011, 02:32 AM   #20
slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloke View Post
Very beautiful and systematic set-up, bro. Love the way you arrange step by step
Thank you my friend. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos.

Most imptly, the livestock must like its new habitat...